Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
August Discobs 2020

George BM

2 hours ago, WinterWxLuvr said:

It definitely feels tropical out there. Was thinking I’m crazy but it smells tropical also.

The  heat and humidity today is because the region is in the warm sector of the low that moved from the OV last night, heading up to S Canada today. There is actually a weak cold front that will move through later today and it should temporarily lower the dew points tonight into early tomorrow, especially for northern and western parts of the area. 

On 8/1/2020 at 5:45 AM, CAPE said:

One more month of Summer. I am ready for Fall. Ofc it never actually feels like Fall around here until early October- sometimes.

Finished July with 6.30" of rain.

Yeah Fall here seems to come after October 10th lol

2 minutes ago, Subtropics said:

Are you in Arlington or did you go to McHenry?

McHenry...we’ve been spending most of the summer here since I’m able to work remotely.  This is the busiest I’ve seen Deep Creek...I’m sure with COVID, its caused people to look for vacations that are driveable vs flying somewhere.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, nj2va said:

McHenry...we’ve been spending most of the summer here since I’m able to work remotely.  This is the busiest I’ve seen Deep Creek...I’m sure with COVID, its caused people to look for vacations that are driveable vs flying somewhere.

Very cool. I've been remote for years prior to COVID. Just waiting to purchase to my beach house and live out of there... Decision on NC or MD/DE at this point. Deep Creek is fun but I always found it weird how it would be in the 70s in the summer and it freaked me out given I'm a warm and tropical weenie. Depends if end up moving to RVA I suppose.

• Like 1

Currently storming here again, so yet another sleepless night. It’s been almost a carbon copy of the July 6-7 event- 0.29” in the 11pm storm, and now an additional 1.11” (and counting) in the last hour with the second storm. I have no doubt this month will be double-digits just like the previous one (and probably my rainiest month ever).

The last 9 months or so have convinced me I need to move out of this state- I can’t stand the climo here anymore. (There’s other reasons for moving too, but I won’t get into that)

6 hours ago, PrinceFrederickWx said:

Currently storming here again, so yet another sleepless night. It’s been almost a carbon copy of the July 6-7 event- 0.29” in the 11pm storm, and now an additional 1.11” (and counting) in the last hour with the second storm. I have no doubt this month will be double-digits just like the previous one (and probably my rainiest month ever).

The last 9 months or so have convinced me I need to move out of this state- I can’t stand the climo here anymore. (There’s other reasons for moving too, but I won’t get into that)

What's wrong with our climo? It's trending warmer if you hate the cold.

57 minutes ago, Subtropics said:

What's wrong with our climo? It's trending warmer if you hate the cold.

Winters and early spring are cold, rainy and miserable (but usually not cold enough to snow). 

Peak spring (generally mid-April through early June) has potential for decent weather but we usually either blowtorch it or go too cold.

2014 notwithstanding, it’s pretty clear the new normal for July is an unbearable inferno with insane dewpoints.

Springs and summers generally oscillate back and forth between droughts and deluges, punctuated by severe storms that always occur at the worst times.

I posted data awhile back about the September creep- September is basically a summer month now. 

The only time for potentially nice weather (other than May) is around October.

I can’t think of any other region in the US that has a worse climo than ours, other than maybe the Gulf states or parts of the southeast. Just my opinion.

I don’t judge climo solely on snowfall either btw

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic