• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Hurricane Isaias

yotaman

Picked up 3.20" imby. No sign of any wind coming through and central NC gusts I've seen were less than impressive, highest I've seen was 47mph in Goldsboro. Higher Wind gusts from this storm seem to have been extremely spotty and mostly relegated to the coast. Some scary pictures of tornado damage coming in. Just saw the Bertie county tornado damage on WRAL 

Lost power at 3am got it back about a hr ago.....hear some chainsaws around the neighborhood and I smelled the pines and heard several trees come down, I think the forward speed kept this thing in check, 4-5 hrs of winds like we had at peak and there would be trees down all over and everyone without power, but it was maybe 2 hrs from the first gust to 40 to the last.....peak was maybe 55-65 mph, it got legit for about 30-45 mins, when the center was almost directly to my west 20 miles or so....and then it was over with winds tapering off to barely TS force again in gust....

33 minutes ago, downeastnc said:

Lost power at 3am got it back about a hr ago.....hear some chainsaws around the neighborhood and I smelled the pines and heard several trees come down, I think the forward speed kept this thing in check, 4-5 hrs of winds like we had at peak and there would be trees down all over and everyone without power, but it was maybe 2 hrs from the first gust to 40 to the last.....peak was maybe 55-65 mph, it got legit for about 30-45 mins, when the center was almost directly to my west 20 miles or so....and then it was over with winds tapering off to barely TS force again in gust....

I thought y'all would see hurricane force gusts the way this was intensifying coming ashore. Glad it wasn't as bad as it could have been!

1 hour ago, NorthHillsWx said:

I thought y'all would see hurricane force gusts the way this was intensifying coming ashore. Glad it wasn't as bad as it could have been!

Yeah and for a second there I thought we were gonna get smacked around, and we kind of did for 30-45 mins I am sure we had some 60-65 mph type gust and then maybe 45 mins either side of that period we were 40-50......but it was quick 2am to 4am, I will post a few pics later I had to go to work lol.....