Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Sunday, August 2, 2020 Convective/Severe Potential

weatherwiz

3 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Those are some pretty solid rainfall totals up I-84 into NE CT.  Looked like Tolland to North Woodstock got rocked.  

Tolland stations with 2.92” and 2.26” south of 84.

Woodstock on RT198 with 2.15”

Coventry with 1.95”

Union 1.40”

Ashford 1.40”

1.43 N of 84. All run off but we will take

The really only thing to watch is probably that batch of storms entering NW NJ. Outside of that I don't think we really see anything develop. Storms have certainly tried to develop but without a trigger or larger-scale forcing it's just not happening. But we'll starting losing ingredients in the next 2-3 hours. 

4 minutes ago, weatherwiz said:

The really only thing to watch is probably that batch of storms entering NW NJ. Outside of that I don't think we really see anything develop. Storms have certainly tried to develop but without a trigger or larger-scale forcing it's just not happening. But we'll starting losing ingredients in the next 2-3 hours. 

Looks like that cell in Litchfield is tor warned? Get moving, Wiz!

Just now, WinterWolf said:

Lol Sun ain’t going down for two hours...get rolling! 

true but with clouds and trees those areas get darker a bit more quickly. I chased up that way a few times and one time was near dark and we encountered a road that was littered with debris and live wires

2 minutes ago, weatherwiz said:

true but with clouds and trees those areas get darker a bit more quickly. I chased up that way a few times and one time was near dark and we encountered a road that was littered with debris and live wires

I was just busting your chops kid...you know what you’re doing. Ryan is on now talking about it now in depth. 

24 minutes ago, hypatia said:

I found a live feed of a guy who claims to have seen a tornado near Amenia, NY...  he also sounds young and overly excitable, so take it with a grain of salt.  He does have a decent view of the storm, though.

Sean gets very excited, ha, but he knows his stuff too from Lyndon State Meteorology.  He’s no hack.

Wonder what he’s doing down there (or just chasing?) he lived near here and worked as a lift operator at Stowe last winter, good kid.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, powderfreak said:

Sean gets very excited, ha, but he knows his stuff too from Lyndon State Meteorology.  

Wonder what he’s doing out there, he worked as a lift operator at Stowe last winter, good kid.

I don't know him personally... I will say that he did a good job of targeting a promising cell to chase and dealing with challenging terrain/roads to get a decent view.

But I chuckled when he screamed "monster wedge on the ground!!!!  Debris in the air!!!" at what was, at best, a wall cloud. :lol:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1