Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Tropical connection NYC forum area Sun-Wed, 8/2-5/20- Tropical Storm Isaias

wdrag

30 minutes ago, cleetussnow said:

Getting real up here north of HPN.  Branches down and lights flickered a few times.  Internet went down but all working now.  If I had to guess I’d say gusts to 40. My house is shadowed from the south by a steep hill so can’t tell anything real from the ground in terms of wind speed.  Intermittent rain.  No word of trees down yet locally.  

Tree fell 15 minutes ago and knocked down my next door neighbors chimney, a retaining wall and a stand of evergreens. We are sheltered in the center of the house.  Snapping and cracking sounds but lights still on.

• Sad 1

7 minutes ago, ForestHillWx said:

Lost a large black walnut, but it was on the list to chop down due to being hollowed out. 

3.5" of rain and falling. 

Had wicked downpours earlier and some roaring gusts that you definitely felt inside the house.  Things settling down a bit now.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Cerinthe Major said:

Anyone else losing cell service? Power is out, but cell data is usually usable here. Now it’s only working very occasionally.

Yeah, power went out for a minute and cell service went out at the same time. Power and internet are back but cell service still down.

14 minutes ago, nesussxwx said:

very quick storm imo. winds started around 10 tapered off by 1:40 west of the city. luckily this limited the extent of the damage could have been way worse.

well if the storm was slow moving by the time it got up north the wind sped would have been much less..

38 minutes ago, Rjay said:

That seems about right.  I was trying to video but was getting knocked backwards 

Just had a very large tree blow down near me here in SW Suffolk. Had about 30 seconds advanced warning when I could see the sidewalk lifting first. Luckily, it fell between 3 houses without out damaging them.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, bluewave said:

Just had a very large tree blow down near me here in SW Suffolk. Had about 30 seconds advanced warning when I could see the sidewalk lifting first. Luckily, it fell between 3 houses without out damaging them.

Wow.   Trees down everywhere here.