Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Tropical connection NYC forum area Sun-Wed, 8/2-5/20- Tropical Storm Isaias

wdrag

4 minutes ago, Allsnow said:

Nothing is warned in southern nj. All the tor watches and FFW are in eastern Pa with the heavy convection. You can already see the dry punch of air moving into cape May 

From Mount Holly:

IEMBot PHI

@iembot_phi

·

3m

PHI issues Tornado Warning [tornado: RADAR INDICATED, hail: 0.00 IN] for Atlantic, Cape May [NJ] till 10:15 AM EDT

• Like 1

Much of DE with 50 Knots or greater since 9AM, including GED, DOV and many coastal reporting sites (courtesy wxflow etc). Posted a map of SVR/TOR/Rain reports since 6A...  many reports not yet shared officially for the LSR. On-going too fast to get the data out (I suspect). 

Screen_Shot_2020-08-04_at_9_46.38_AM.png

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, hudsonvalley21 said:

Would this be the sting jet that was picked up on some modeling yesterday?

I think but cant really analyze well from my home view. Check satellite and other mets may be commenting on this.  No question there weill be a brief 1 or 2 hour shot of 40+KT westerlies behind Isaias.   Thats what should get nw NJ hills after 4P. 

• Like 2

The following is for information only. NOT media for rebroadcast. I'm borrowing from another highly reliable source, with whom I've not had time to discuss permission transmitting his information.  BUT... thisto highlight the seriousness of the on-going event to motivate concern. Short hammering event. Be smart when NWS issues the warnings. 

Isaias has been overperforming in terms of tornadoes, with many confirmed touchdowns overnight and this morning between NC and Delaware.  Tornado outbreaks in TCs often have a diurnal component, but temperatures staying around 80 (with dewpoints well into the 70s) northeast of the storm's center created sufficient instability to accompany the intense low-level shear and create a night/early morning outbreak.   Significant damage in Suffolk, VA, damage in southern MD and on the eastern shore, and a possible ongoing long-track event through central Delaware.     While the main area of interest right now is in DE/NJ shifting into southeast New England this afternoon, there are active tornado warnings as far north as New Hampshire, and SPC has issued an ENH risk for an area that includes NYC metro.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 4

The 70 mph + gusts reported right along the coast in VA.

Virginia...

...Accomack County...
Onancock                     70 MPH    0929 AM 08/04   37.65N/75.88W        
Tangier Sound Light          70 MPH    0623 AM 08/04   37.79N/75.97W       
76.39W        

...City of Portsmouth County...
South Norfolk Jordan Bridge  76 MPH    0637 AM 08/04   36.81N/76.29W    

75.09W        

...Virginia...
York River East Rear Range L 74 MPH    0648 AM 08/04   37.25N/76.33W        
Rudee Inlet                  73 MPH    0448 AM 08/04   36.83N/75.97W    

3 minutes ago, wdrag said:

The following is for information only. NOT media for rebroadcast. I'm borrowing from another highly reliable source, with whom I've not had time to discuss permission transmitting his information.  BUT... thisto highlight the seriousness of the on-going event to motivate concern. Short hammering event. Be smart when NWS issues the warnings. 

Isaias has been overperforming in terms of tornadoes, with many confirmed touchdowns overnight and this morning between NC and Delaware.  Tornado outbreaks in TCs often have a diurnal component, but temperatures staying around 80 (with dewpoints well into the 70s) northeast of the storm's center created sufficient instability to accompany the intense low-level shear and create a night/early morning outbreak.   Significant damage in Suffolk, VA, damage in southern MD and on the eastern shore, and a possible ongoing long-track event through central Delaware.     While the main area of interest right now is in DE/NJ shifting into southeast New England this afternoon, there are active tornado warnings as far north as New Hampshire, and SPC has issued an ENH risk for an area that includes NYC metro.

ENH...help me out....panicking here in Middlesex county.