• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Tropical connection NYC forum area Sun-Wed, 8/2-5/20- Tropical Storm Isaias

wdrag

Night time tornado watches issued for Delaware and southern NJ through 12 PM. It is my expectation that many parts of the area will be placed under a Tornado watch as the day progresses as noted above.

TORNADO WATCH OUTLINE UPDATE FOR WT 415
NWS STORM PREDICTION CENTER NORMAN OK
225 AM EDT TUE AUG 4 2020

TORNADO WATCH 415 IS IN EFFECT UNTIL 1200 PM EDT FOR THE
FOLLOWING LOCATIONS

DEC001-003-005-041600-
/O.NEW.KWNS.TO.A.0415.200804T0625Z-200804T1600Z/

DE
. DELAWARE COUNTIES INCLUDED ARE

KENT NEW CASTLE SUSSEX
TORNADO WATCH OUTLINE UPDATE FOR WT 415
NWS STORM PREDICTION CENTER NORMAN OK
225 AM EDT TUE AUG 4 2020

TORNADO WATCH 415 IS IN EFFECT UNTIL 1200 PM EDT FOR THE
FOLLOWING LOCATIONS

NJC009-011-033-041600-
/O.NEW.KWNS.TO.A.0415.200804T0625Z-200804T1600Z/

NJ
. NEW JERSEY COUNTIES INCLUDED ARE

CAPE MAY CUMBERLAND SALEM
Bethlehem, PA is 80 miles west of NYC
Skywarn Spotter - Mt. Holly
  • Like 1

NYC Forum: Have nothing to add forecast wise... prep for power outages and what you will do without power for 24 hours, especially rural areas. I expect to lose internet sometime between 2-5P this afternoon here in nw NJ, after which I'll be out of contact til internet returns. 

IF impact ends up less, then good; but if not prepared and it goes as the overnight modeling anticipates, you may wish you had planned. Those mitigation strategies need to be completed by Noon at the latest. 

My only regret for this thread was not adding SVR risk last evening for the forum...just was too tired thinking about the overall wind/rain impact.  

TOR threat today as per other posters... coastal NJ northeastward. Follow SPC/local NWS issuances. 

My preparation suggestion is everyone in our NYC forum have enough cash on hand to weather no power for a while, a full gas tank, and be aware you may not be able to move around in some areas where gusts tear down trees/wires. I could see power out for a week in hard to reach rural areas of CT, if 70 knot gusts materialize for coastal NJ/LI/western New England while lesser 55kt anticipated high terrain eastern NYS/nw NJ.  

Flood threat in our forum area is mainly northern NJ/se NYS, and it may not be too bad in our area. 

530A/4

• Like 5

6 minutes ago, ForestHillWx said:

Getting heavy rain now; the radar presentation is wild with 2/3 of the state missing this precipitation currently. 

I was expecting this to move east and run the coast line; always neat to learn something new. 

Yep  I dont think everyone thought this was going to ride inland. 

• Like 1