• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Tropical connection NYC forum area Sun-Wed, 8/2-5/20- Tropical Storm Isaias

wdrag

I'm hoping this storm does not track west of the city...if it does we could see some strong winds from the south south east and less rainfall...I'd rather see more rain and less wind...not looking forward to power outages from this...Hazel in 1954 was a much bigger hurricane but tracked well west of the city...winds were clocked at 113mph on the roof of 17 Battery place in lower Manhattan...

• Like 1

1 minute ago, donsutherland1 said:

Some areas had wind gusts in excess of 50 mph. JFK recorded one such gust.

His location is  in Commack and I’m working about two miles away from Commack and it was nothing impressive at all

• Weenie 1

11 hours ago, wkd said:

Loads of posters were saying it couldn't hit NJ because of climo, disregarding the fact that a large blocking ridge negated an ots solution.

Understood. But you can't just throw away climo. You just USE climo as with any other forcasting element ... as something to factor in but with probabilities or not at 100% guarantees.

22 minutes ago, jm1220 said:

I wonder if this strengthening burst will be enough for hurricane warnings up further on the coast? 

This doesn't deserve a weenie emoji.  This is legit.  I am concerned about wind damage at the Jersey Shore.  We tried to talk up the potential for 70+ gusts today.  Media has been all over this - but some folks I spoke with this morning for my reports didn't even know there was a storm coming.  

• Like 2