• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
August 2020 General Discussion

38 minutes ago, weatherbo said:

Breezy, pleasant afternoon in the mid-60's.  Low's forecast to be in the upper 40's tonight, maybe as low as upper 30's in the favored cool spots if it goes calm. Noticing a few more trees turning... around 5-6 weeks away from avg peak.

1630091926_IMG_0501(2).thumb.JPG.d2711c5fb6a49da9d85b60100587299d.JPG

Already changing, I am planning on being up there mid September for a social distancing solo vacation. I am looking forward to the colors especially out west.

• Weenie 1

14 minutes ago, Stebo said:

Already changing, I am planning on being up there mid September for a social distancing solo vacation. I am looking forward to the colors especially out west.

Interior west spots should be looking pretty good by then. Far southern Houghton county around the Trout Creek area seems to peak the soonest, I've noticed... there's been light frost a couple times in that area already. 

1 minute ago, weatherbo said:

Interior west spots should be looking pretty good by then. Far southern Houghton county around the Trout Creek area seems to peak the soonest, I've noticed... there's been light frost a couple times in that area already. 

I have it planned out so far to go from Alpena on the 12th to the Soo 13th to Marquette 14th to Houghton 15th and then either through Wisconsin home or though the mitten home by the 19th. Honestly I just need time away being that I haven't been on vacation in 16 months and so I am going to go to the safest place possible, relatively of course.

• Like 2

Was up in the boundary waters from Wednesday through Sunday.  Got storms both Thursday and Friday night.  Was a fun exercise trying to predict the weather without any technology.  Could feel the LLJ ramping up each evening which was a good tell that storms were inbound. Nothing severe but some heavy rain and a couple hefty wind gusts.  The cold front Saturday morning really brought in some cool temps 

• Like 6

22 minutes ago, Chicago Storm said:

Quite a difference on guidance for the next week.

Euro and EPS have a heat wave, Fri-Wed with near 100° temps on Mon/Tue. On the flip side, the GFS and GEFS are much cooler. GEM is more in between.

Let's try the prolonged extreme heat one more time...........odds on 2-3 days of 90 degrees are the better bet. Stay the course...

Quite a difference on guidance for the next week.

Euro and EPS have a heat wave, Fri-Wed with near 100° temps on Mon/Tue. On the flip side, the GFS and GEFS are much cooler. GEM is more in between.

Euro, EPS and GEM are all still onboard for a heat wave from Fri through late next week.

Euro/GEM both still have a few days near 100° as well.

4 hours ago, Chicago Storm said:

Euro, EPS and GEM are all still onboard for a heat wave from Fri through late next week.

Euro/GEM both still have a few days near 100° as well.

Obviously there is more to it than 'it's been dry so it's going to be hot', but combining this with some urban enhancement would raise the possibility of some pretty impressive heat in the Chicago area.

30dPNormMRCC.thumb.png.86e7b4827820c0f9d6a8adc9a7806177.png

• Thanks 1

Obviously there is more to it than 'it's been dry so it's going to be hot', but combining this with some urban enhancement would raise the possibility of some pretty impressive heat in the Chicago area.

30dPNormMRCC.thumb.png.86e7b4827820c0f9d6a8adc9a7806177.png

Feedback will definitely help in this case.

A more iffy day such as Friday could easily be 90° now, given the feedback and ORD warm bias.

On 8/17/2020 at 6:15 PM, weatherbo said:

Breezy, pleasant afternoon in the mid-60's.  Low's forecast to be in the upper 40's tonight, maybe as low as upper 30's in the favored cool spots if it goes calm. Noticing a few more trees turning... around 5-6 weeks away from avg peak.

1630091926_IMG_0501(2).thumb.JPG.d2711c5fb6a49da9d85b60100587299d.JPG

giphy.gif.73a7550561e6d01557c6465cbe74dd59.gif

• Like 1
  • Weenie 1