• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
August 2020 General Discussion

2 hours ago, SchaumburgStormer said:

Apparently we decided to jump straight to October... 

You're not kidding, a high of 66F around noon, and it's back down to 63F now with drizzle and a significant breeze...classic mid Fall weather.

I"m seeing some mid 50s at this hour in portions of N Lower Michigan. :yikes:

3 minutes ago, A-L-E-K said:

central ontario is practically the arctic 

haha sorry not the geographical central part of ontario. Barrie-North Bay-Algonquin is central ontario. 

Timmins though where I worked last August and saw multiple nights with frost and temperatures in the 30s is actually in the arctic watershed haha 

• Thanks 1

Most rain missed to my south today.  Been trying to get active, taking short walks.  Made it the 1/4 mile down the driveway out to the county road this evening (I'm telling you this shit sucks!) and saw some of the strangest clouds I've seen in IN.  They looked like overlapping pillows lined up like a shelf cloud, really low, maybe 750-1k foot bases, from SW to NE with what looked like a wall cloud on the SW end well below the already low base, almost ground scraping, beaver tail and all but no rotation. Up top looked like a really low topped buildup, maybe 2-3k at the highest, and it wasn't building.  Could see the sunlight underneath the base, no precip, no lightning.  Dog walked me back to the house lol. We sat on the porch for a few, wind was calm, then all of a sudden as whatever those clouds were moved over, got a wind gust of 30mph out of nowhere.  Then, no sprinkles, an absolute deluge, like turning on your shower.  One of the hardest rains I've seen up here.  I mean deafening  loud, huge drops, ice cold rain.  Dogs went into storm mode with no thunder.  That's how loud and fast it unleashed. My gauge recorded 4.5 inches in an hour!  That's the most ever.  Temp went from 76 to 54 in about 10 min (did go back up)  It did this for almost an hour, no easing up then increasing, steady crazy rain for almost an hour.  Then it stopped as fast as it started. Could see stars 15 min after it stopped.  Nothing but water running across the driveway like a river lol.  That's more wind and rain than my ex-wife got in CHS today lol.  Might just be me but that was some weird shit lol.

• Like 2

Counties nearby were put under a tornado warning this afternoon with a large area under a tornado watch later. When those warnings went out I saw no rotation or a couplet as claimed. I was put under a severe thunderstorm watch and a TOR watch with the storms 100 miles to my east and dark, wet, overcast conditions IMBY.

On TWN they had numerous technical difficulties to put it lightly. Instead of cutting to Mark R out tracking the rainshowers wrapping around, they went to commercial. Then once the 2nd batch of tornado warnings came out just at the most critical moment for the channel it cut to a pre-recorded segment just as the paper was given to her to read out.  There was a fixation on focusing on the radar timestamps with the cells. I love TWN.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Snowstorms said:

We received nearly 4" of rain these past 3 days. Did not see that coming. Now to enjoy some nice sunshine and seasonal temps for the rest of the week. B)

Toronto was under a tornado watch today. Second time this year, pretty crazy. 

Yesterday snuck up on me. That line that formed under the Hamilton, Burlington, and Toronto area yesterday evening was impressive. Probably half the population of Ontario right in that corridor. 

On 8/3/2020 at 4:21 PM, Brian D said:

Starts mid November, but watch the Plains region in October. Wild stuff coming happening.

Fixed! Snow was flying on a warm day in Beijing last week. Legit fatties that were floating too, not some graupel, IP, or hail-mix. Not certain of their climo comparisons, but I think it'd be similar to a burst of snow in Chicago or Detroit at the tail end of July. If one looks hard enough, I think you can see hints of the GSM and it's effects. Don't think we're anywhere close to Maunder level stuff tho. At least not yet.