Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
August 2020 Discussion

Baroclinic Zone

34 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

You guys with kids would have in the past years moved on at Labor day, welcome to endless summer lovers lane. Best month of the year

Since we remote schooling anyway, I’ll probably head to Falmouth with the kid a few times in September.  Buzzards Bay water temp in the 70’s. 

4 hours ago, Ginx snewx said:

Greenup in full swing

Big time.  If my closing were a week later, I'd feel like I'd need to mow to be courteous to the buyers.

4 hours ago, weathafella said:

Yep!   9/30/2020.  Will do a maximum 2 day/week gig and see if I can tolerate it

Thanks Dave!

Bright sunny day today!

That's awesome, Jerry--congratulations from the whole lot of us who are very envious!!!  I expect to see 00z EC analysis from you when I get up in the morning.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, powderfreak said:

58F at almost noon.

Its actually been a pretty chilly last week of August.  Highest temp last 5 days is 73F.

August might finish only +0.5 or so.

Probably about the same here, after being +3 a couple weeks into the month.  Yesterday's 55/49 took a bite out of the AN.  That max ties for the coolest I've had in August here.  Exactly 11 years ago we had the same 55/49, but only 0.62" compared to yesterday's 0.90.

1 hour ago, powderfreak said:

Took the dog to the picnic tables...

47F with 30G50.

Was forced to put on a jacket and honestly could probably use a hat and gloves.  Wind chills in the 30s.

2FF6786C-C270-4F4A-BF3B-DCFC38F974CE.thumb.jpeg.ad362dd7a621abfd0f9cb0393a276155.jpeg

A friend I recommended Spruce Peak to just arrived today with her family and she just messaged me “ it’s COLD (she’s by the pool w wine lol) but that a cold day there is better than a warm day in Lexington, Ma” 

That place is magic in the winter .

• Like 1

Just now, powderfreak said:

October up north in the mountains is the same as the Maryland January.

Pretty much. Certainly in a ratter January which is 9/10 of them.

I keep telling my wife that an average, even warmish December in Randolph would be considered a nicely above-average entire winter in our part of MD.

She hasn't run away yet!