Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
August 2020 Discussion

Baroclinic Zone

Just now, HoarfrostHubb said:

How far back does that record go?    1998 is the oldest on that   I would think 1988 would be in that top tier

Yeah TAN ASOS is relatively new. A lot of sites went online in the mid to late 90s when the automation and METAR took over. 

• Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

I don't know anymore..lol. It ain't easy.  At least we all agree on heavy snow. 

Hope you know I’m just joking too, I know there’s a lot of external factors going on right now.  Just ribbing on the can’t make up your mind on what weather to want.

25 minutes ago, dendrite said:

Yeah TAN ASOS is relatively new. A lot of sites went online in the mid to late 90s when the automation and METAR took over. 

There's also the old Taunton co-op (TAUM3) that pre-dated the ASOS (TAN). Not sure how far back that one goes it looks like it stopped reporting when the ASOS went live, so maybe the airfield had a co-op before automation took over.

13 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Hope you know I’m just joking too, I know there’s a lot of external factors going on right now.  Just ribbing on the can’t make up your mind on what weather to want.

Oh I know...I have a sense of humor. I will say I've enjoyed the heat...but more for personal reasons. Just hope the Fall is nice and mild until mid November. Then let the snow of yore come through.

Just now, CoastalWx said:

Oh I know...I have a sense of humor. I will say I've enjoyed the heat...but more for personal reasons. Just hope the Fall is nice and mild until mid November. Then let the snow of yore come through.

Repeat of T-day 2018?

16F high under full sunshine (coldest max on record in November)

IMG_2081.JPG.8e734067beafcb1e366e76288ca84361.JPGIMG_2082.JPG.8f822bb2ff519f13950322b888a4a1b4.JPG

3 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Repeat of T-day 2018?

IMG_2081.JPG.8e734067beafcb1e366e76288ca84361.JPGIMG_2082.JPG.8f822bb2ff519f13950322b888a4a1b4.JPG

That was great. Hopefully a Christmas morning whiteout like 2017 too. That was secretly one of my favorite days in the last 10 years. We had just under 3", but it fell in like an hour. Brutal cold after. My first real snow on Christmas morning actually falling like a scene from "A Christmas Story."

59 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Repeat of T-day 2018?

Afternoon high was a whopping 9F that day, with winds gusting well into the 30s. Tied with the 29th in 1978 for Farmington co-op's coldest November max.   It's the only day I can recall when cold wx made me decide to leave the deer rifle alone.  Of course, had I been 30-40 years younger I'd have gone out anyway.

And for combo winters, I'll take March 2007-Feb 2008.

2 hours ago, powderfreak said:

Ha I think it’s hilarious.  You’ve always been one of the most level headed but it’s definitely been trying this summer... it’s too hot, it’s too cold, no rain, excessive rain is no good though, want the heat, over the heat, etc.  You’ve been uncharacteristically all over.  But it’s 2020.  Tough to find that sweet spot.

yea busting Scooters balls is easy. I laugh everytime he complains and then an hour later its either dumping snow or a thunderstorm hits him. Scooter knows...

53 minutes ago, dendrite said:

Dews in the low 30s here too this afternoon. MHT had 32F and 1P1 32.5F. MAV is mid/upper 40s and MET low/mid 40s. Mid 40s for SLK too since they're already getting clouds. No freezes tonight.

Dendrite crushing dreams.  Good call on the clouds, sometimes I think I should look at any guidance before posting.