Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
August 2020 Discussion

Baroclinic Zone

14 minutes ago, Baroclinic Zone said:

Yep.  I was told summer was over,  yet I just had a 4 day heatwave with +7-10F departures.  Wake me up when I have an extended period, 1-2weeks of normal departures, then we can hoist the ACATT banners.

That’s crazy.  We hit 81F for a max in the valley over the last 4 days.  70s today with gusty NW winds and dropping dews.

1 minute ago, CoastalWx said:

Record summer. Embrace it!

Thankfully I think ORH will fall back below 1949 before August finishes for hottest summer...cant let a summer with a weak-ass 4 days over 90F get the crown. 

1949 had 17 I think. Lol. 

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

I’m trolling, but it’s been constant warmth with some pretty hot days mingled in. Gotta respect that. It’s been dam warm.

Hottest June and July on record for the picnic tables.  August hasn’t packed any punch up here but from like that May day when it was 97F or whatever at BTV and 93-95F at SLK/BML/MVL through the end of July was definitely other worldly up here.

I think we got 11 days of 90F in from May/June/July and only one weak 90F since then.

Just now, powderfreak said:

Hottest June and July on record for the picnic tables.  August hasn’t packed any punch up here but from like that May day when it was 97F or whatever at BTV and 93-95F at SLK/BML/MVL through the end of July was definitely other worldly up here.

I think we got 11 days of 90F in from May/June/July and only one weak 90F since then.

SNE took the trophy away in mid July from NNE and ran away with the division. Hottest summer ever . Jerry, Ginx.. etc. For them that says a lot 

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

SNE took the trophy away in mid July from NNE and ran away with the division. Hottest summer ever . Jerry, Ginx.. etc. For them that says a lot 

Yeah it definitely switched in there from NNE to SNE.  August really hasn’t been that hot up here at all.  Big switch from the like +4 and +5 stuff in June/July.

I think Bob seems like the worst of it.  I don’t know how TAN/BDL compare this month but TAN seemed to have higher dews most of the time when I checked.  Definitely more marine humid air when some of those well mixed days dropped dews at BDL/ORH and interior sites.  You’d see those guys drop into the 50s while TAN sat at 70F+.

16 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Lolz ! Utterly forgettable summer . Who's going to remember it was 65 degrees at midnight?  Dead on average number of days above 90 and no record highs.  Only record set or tied :

THE LOW TEMPERATURE AT BOSTON ON JULY 28TH WAS 78 DEGREES. THIS TIES THE PREVIOUS HIGH MINIMUM TEMPERATURE FOR THAT DATE SET BACK IN 1963

7 minutes ago, kdxken said:

Lolz ! Utterly forgettable summer . Who's going to remember it was 65 degrees at midnight?  Dead on average number of days above 90 and no record highs.  Only record set or tied :

THE LOW TEMPERATURE AT BOSTON ON JULY 28TH WAS 78 DEGREES. THIS TIES THE PREVIOUS HIGH MINIMUM TEMPERATURE FOR THAT DATE SET BACK IN 1963

You can’t judge your local temps from the Logan peninsula. If you combine all other stations and COOPs, it’s been top 5 to number 1.

Just now, CoastalWx said:

You can’t judge your local temps from the Logan peninsula. If you combine all other stations and COOPs, it’s been top 5 to number 1.

Again, who cares what the temperature is when you're sleeping? warm overnight lows are not memorable.

Worcesters only record:

A RECORD RAINFALL OF 1.74 INCHES WAS SET AT WORCESTER MA YESTERDAY. THIS BREAKS THE PREVIOUS RECORD OF 1.33 INCHES SET IN 1970.

Its been a scorcher even on the shoreline. The water in Long Island sound has been crazy warm this summer. There was a stretch earlier this month where it was above 80 degrees for a few days and hit 85. I think the average sound temp is like 71 for August. New Haven was reporting 80 today. 

Screenshot_20200825-183501_Chrome.jpg

Just now, CoastalWx said:

It’s like saying Feb 2015 wasn’t cold because we didn’t have many lows below 0.  ACATT would never have that.

I don't remember that month having many days above 0F.  I think we were at the point where a high of 10F at the mountain was a warm ski day.

Anyway, I'm on board with this being a record hot summer.  At least up here there was a good 8 week period that seemed to stretch the bounds of what I thought was possible... and we've got some decent records to support it.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

I don't remember that month having many days above 0F.  I think we were at the point where a high of 10F at the mountain was a warm ski day.

Anyway, I'm on board with this being a record hot summer.  At least up here there was a good 8 week period that seemed to stretch the bounds of what I thought was possible... and we've got some decent records to support it. 

It was solid cold to at times bitter cold, but we never had like a crazy Valentines Day 2016 stretch. Just solid cold that month. 

26 minutes ago, kdxken said:

Your posts and more importantly state of mind have steadily gone downhill since it turned into the hottest summer of your life. I don’t know if it’s the splitting wood in 30+ days of 90 degree heat or the 60+ days of dews over 60, but you are gone. This is and continues to be the hottest summer of your life. The numbers don’t lie. You can deny it all you want and try to pretend it hasn’t been. No one does anything but laughs 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1