Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
August 2020 Discussion

Baroclinic Zone

6 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Looks like sun coming out soon there . Families turning cars around taking brassieres and undies off children now that it’s warming up 

Yeah I hadn't looked in a bit and was surprised at how close the sun is to coming out despite how murky it still looks outside.

Looks like mostly sunny moving in soon though once this last bit in north/central VT moves a few miles east.

Untitled.jpg.0fd1981cc879e6a147c6606302be6aaa.jpg

48 minutes ago, Baroclinic Zone said:

90F here. 91F yesterday

Glad we don't live there.

Values represent highs yesterday, lows over the last 12 hours
and precipitation over the last 24 hours.

.BR BOX 0823 ES DH00/TAIRZX/DH07/TAIRZP/PPDRZZ
:
:                          Max      Min      24 Hour
:ID   Location             Temp     Temp   Precipitation
:
:Eastern Massachusetts...
BED  : Bedford          :   85   /    60   /    0.05
BVY  : Beverly          :   82   /    59   /       M
BOS  : Boston           :   79   /    66   /      T
MQE  : Blue Hill ASOS   :   84   /    64   /    0.23
LWM  : Lawrence         :   87   /    61   /    0.02
EWB  : New Bedford      :   89   /    62   /    0.25
OWD  : Norwood          :   87   /    58   /    0.87
PYM  : Plymouth         :   87   /    62   /    0.26
TAN  : Taunton          :   91   /    59   /    0.09
GHG  : Marshfield       :   79   /    64   /

3 hours ago, BrianW said:

Where are you? NY? My water bill in CT is $100-150 every 4 months and I water the hell out of my plants and lawn. 

I'm in Cornwall on Hudson just above West Point. They charge me for sewer every gallon I use regardless. Normally my bill is 275 every 2 months. I've been putting about 4 hrs of water in the pool alone every week with virtually no rain. 27,000 gallons is a lot of water for 2 months

1 hour ago, Ginx snewx said:

? Holy shit,  is your pool losing that much water. Something wrong with those numbers

The pool has been needing about 4 hrs a week with the hose to keep it mid skimmer. The pool temp has been 84-86 the past 6 weeks. The young hemlock trees and other mature bushes I have all around the house have needed more water than the pool. I had a soaker hose on for 8 hrs before the TS. That storm made up for most of the 2 inches of rain I've gotten since June. Storms have missed just to my South and North all summer. The few that came in from my west all seemed to magically dissipate in the 35 miles from the Delaware River to my house. Even during the late afternoon hrs. Been a bizarre summer considering how much rain NJ has gotten just to my South

7 minutes ago, Jeff Grann said:

The pool has been needing about 4 hrs a week with the hose to keep it mid skimmer. The pool temp has been 84-86 the past 6 weeks. The young hemlock trees and other mature bushes I have all around the house have needed more water than the pool. I had a soaker hose on for 8 hrs before the TS. That storm made up for most of the 2 inches of rain I've gotten since June. Storms have missed just to my South and North all summer. The few that came in from my west all seemed to magically dissipate in the 35 miles from the Delaware River to my house. Even during the late afternoon hrs. Been a bizarre summer considering how much rain NJ has gotten just to my South

We have a lake cabin in northwest NJ and the amount of rain that area has received is nuts. We have to repair the gravel road like every 2 weeks from the runoff. There are mushrooms growing everywhere. 

this is something we don't often see around here ... slow moving pigs...

Man, severe crawlers out near Princeton ...and actually a broken line to Manchester/CON area of NH with embedded severe triggers in there...

Can here distant low db reports from CB wall with glaciating toes poking through a vil curtain ... while it's sear sun at 94 overhead ...it's like ... what is this, southern Iowa - wow