Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
August 2020 Discussion

Baroclinic Zone

4 minutes ago, dendrite said:

And then straight to summer after November.

Yeah just a continuation of the torch autumn... snuck a lucky storm in there but what a storm.  I'm still so jelly of that deformation band.  Honestly, one of the most surprising parts of that storm was waking up the next morning and seeing you post pics of like 18"+ with cars buried and all that.  That mid-level band got decently far north all things considered.

The 00z NAM has the Lifted Index down to -8 over eastern regions both late tomorrow and Mondsy. -8 that’s about as deep as I’ve ever seen that particular metric this far up in the Northeast… Yet there’s 0QPF painted either day wow.  

Just at a glance the recent GFS runs look like day eight would be an EOF1 bomb from the upper MA into the New England states

On the Cape this week. Didn't mean too, but we chased the big storm down 24 and onto 495. 

Had tree debris between Bridgewater and Carver in places and it was a good thing we didn't need to stop at the rest area on 24 as the power was out there.

Absolutely pouring down rain and some good wind in places all the way down 495 and across the bridge. Finally got ahead of it just before we got to Falmouth only to have it blow over us at the house we're at.

Added an extra hour to the drive, but at least we got here and it didn't blow something onto the highway.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

The 00z NAM has the Lifted Index down to -8 over eastern regions both late tomorrow and Mondsy. -8 that’s about as deep as I’ve ever seen that particular metric this far up in the Northeast… Yet there’s 0QPF painted either day wow.  

Just at a glance the recent GFS runs look like day eight would be an EOF1 bomb from the upper MA into the New England states

15F6DE8E-BB13-48E3-A75C-2305D56A6D80.jpeg

9 hours ago, Sn0waddict said:

Surprised by those that would skip fall. Nice crisp air, leaves changing colors, perfect sleeping weather and no swamp azz. Great running weather too. Only downside really is it getting darker earlier and earlier.

If I lived in NNE I would skip fall, SNE nah . I’m all set w rushing in 15 cold winter rain storms. The allure of a so-so winter has vanished for me . If I was in any portion of the Mid Atlantic  I would have long ago gotten rid of my snow weather fetish as a coping mechanism .

12 hours ago, CoastalWx said:

Summer. How can people want it over. Lava has it right. I wish I could go from 80s to snow in 3 days. 

Let's see.. 600 dollar (2 month) water/sewer bill because I have to constantly add water to a 32000 gallon pool and soak 14 young hemlock trees because it's only rained a couple of inches here since June. Also the humidity has been a constant necessitating the central AC running 24/7 leading to 400 dollar electric bills.... On top of that, my usually beautiful lawn looks like absolute crap because I can't afford to water it as usual due to having to use so much water on the aforementioned things. Yeah.. I'm ready for Fall. 

• Like 1
  • Weenie 3

Just now, Jeff Grann said:

Let's see.. 600 dollar (2 month) water/sewer bill because I have to constantly add water to a 32000 gallon pool and soak 14 young hemlock trees because it's only rained a couple of inches here since June. Also the humidity has been a constant necessitating the central AC running 24/7 leading to 400 dollar electric bills.... On top of that, my usually beautiful lawn looks like absolute crap because I can't afford to water it as usual due to having to use so much water on the aforementioned things. Yeah.. I'm ready for Fall. 

:violin:

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Jeff Grann said:

Lol this is almost the definition of first world problems. 

• Haha 4

41 minutes ago, Hoth said:

Lol this is almost the definition of first world problems. 

Guess I should have went with the poor people living in public housing in New York City that have no AC or cross-ventilation to get any validity here. God forbid a middle-class family that works their asses off for 30 years to have a nice home and backyard pool can complain about exorbitant costs due to extremely hot and dry summer weather

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Weenie 2

2 minutes ago, Jeff Grann said:

Guess I should have went with the poor people living in public housing in New York City that have no AC or cross-ventilation to get any validity here. God forbid a middle-class family that works their asses off for 30 years to have a nice home and backyard pool can complain about exorbitant costs due to extremely hot and dry summer weather

Epstein, is that you?

2 hours ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

If I lived in NNE I would skip fall, SNE nah . I’m all set w 15 cold rain storms. The allure of a so-so winter has vanished for me . If I was in any portion of the Mid Atlantic  I would have long ago gotten rid of my snow weather fetish as a coping mechanism .

15 cold rainstorms sounds more like spring to me then fall.  This last spring was brutal in that department lol.  See your point about NNE vs SNE though.

18 minutes ago, Sn0waddict said:

15 cold rainstorms sounds more like spring to me then fall.  This last spring was brutal in that department lol.  See your point about NNE vs SNE though.

15 cold rain storms is SNE winter lol, so no need to Fast forward  based on “this will be the year mantra, reminds me of misplaced optimism every 4 years with voting