Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
August 2020 Discussion

Baroclinic Zone

3 hours ago, tamarack said:

If you've got an extra hour, heading on 16 east from Errol and onto 17 in Oquossoc and then south toward Mexico is good moose-viewing country, and the overlook on 17 at height-of-land in D-Town is wonderful.  17 hits Rt 2 in Mexico and thence west to NH.  Shorter but probably less moose-y would be Rt 26 toward Upton, reaching Rt 2 a bit east of Bethel.  (I never like straight back-and-forth if there's a reasonable alternative.  When my parents retired to Woodsville, NH and we were in Gardiner, we'd go west via the Kancamagus and east thru HIE and Gorham, turning south in Bethel then thru the Sumner hills on 219.  Saw moose in Sumner as well.)           

Thanks for the reply. I was pressed a bit for time otherwise I would have kept driving .

Made it to Umbagog state park just prior to Maine border on 16. Wish I had more time , I like the area. I probably would have stayed on 16 and checked out Rangeley (the plot at 1800’ on long pond) in particular.

11 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

You guys just down for the Day at the beach? If you can, go to Skaket Beach in Orleans about 15 min from you. The most epic sunsets. 

No we came down yesterday. My grandparents have a place in Yarmouth that they don’t use much anymore. 

We got a pretty epic sunset at grays beach last night. With the boys playing out on the sandbars while it happened. Let them stay up late. Lol. 

• Confused 1

24 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

No we came down yesterday. My grandparents have a place in Yarmouth that they don’t use much anymore. 

We got a pretty epic sunset at grays beach last night. With the boys playing out on the sandbars while it happened. Let them stay up late. Lol. 

Yeah the sand bars are great. I forgot your grandparents had a place there. I love the bay side. 

1 minute ago, Damage In Tolland said:

I mowed today just to even out the shady spots. Huge dust storm. Was covered in it. You blow your nose after and the Kleenex is black lol. We got 7/10’ed today 

It’s been a dust bowl here too, Just covered and have to shower after mowing, Been 7-10’d all week so far and today, I guess we try again tomorrow.