Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
August 2020 Discussion

Baroclinic Zone

14 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

They likely tickled 90 between obs

Meh

First frame our present warmer rebound but not quite a ridge induced warm spell..as such not much to it (About 10-12F cooler than the prior warm spell). The next trough building late month with another drop in temperatures on the second frame..

https://twitter.com/crankywxguy/status/1296858837862035457

• Confused 1

Nothing like a bit of tropical storm hype to lol at.  

https://www.charlottestories.com/caribbean-storms-13-and-14-could-collide-to-become-fujiwara-megastorm/?fbclid=IwAR2cPz-BYGZzXVndAy5h8WS5_Pd0wnrr6vTandVxuGE2YQuoM1je72jOzxU

Several models show the paths of the storms colliding sometime Monday afternoon or Tuesday morning, and if this occurs, the ‘fujiwara effect’ could cause the 2 growing storms to become one massive mega-hurricane.

• Haha 1

Tooorrchhhhh

Warm summer afternoon in progress with most locations 85-90 at 3 pm,
except slight cooler south coast and especially Cape Cod and the
Islands where temps were in the mid to upper 70s as SW winds stream
across the relatively cooler ocean.  Bradley experienced another day
of 90 deg heat, making it day 36 this summer. The record is 38 days
set in 1983. Highs will be near 90 Saturday thru Tuesday, so that
record may be broken sometime next week!

3 hours ago, powderfreak said:

6th straight day with a high temp in the 70s (77F today) and lows in the 40s/50s. 

I feel like I remember some discussion a while back about how this week would be filled with 70s/50s for some.

It's been beautiful the last several days.

Monday: 79/56

Tuesday: 73/53

Wednesday: 67/50

Thursday: 68/49

Today: 75/51

I am definitely not a king radiator, however. LOL

I do get some nice breezes and lower high temps here than the lower radiator spots.

I am hoping my spot nestled north of the Presidentials will lead to lots of upslope snow. I have already noticed this summer my location seems to always be near the lead in precip in the general area.

• Weenie 1

Well--we're not going to Southborough after all.  We couldn't come to terms post-inspection. 

Our new destination is Westboroug, just signed p/s today.  Right at the top of Mt. Westborough--translate, my snow situation will suck.  At least I'm north of the Pike and outside of 495 for whatever that's worth.

• Like 1
  • Weenie 1

13 minutes ago, moneypitmike said:

Well--we're not going to Southborough after all.  We couldn't come to terms post-inspection. 

Our new destination is Westboroug, just signed p/s today.  Right at the top of Mt. Westborough--translate, my snow situation will suck.  At least I'm north of the Pike and outside of 495 for whatever that's worth.

Sad to lose a neighbor but now I have a early warning system for next week's derecho.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, moneypitmike said:

I thought you were looking at Princeton?