• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
August 2020 Discussion

Baroclinic Zone

They key is going to be how southeastern Canada behaves but with that massive heat ridge in the west there is ample opportunity to break off pieces of heat and shoot them this way. Maybe we don't see 3...4...5+ days of heat in a row but there is still plenty of room to sneak in a day or two over the upcoming weeks.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, weatherwiz said:

They key is going to be how southeastern Canada behaves but with that massive heat ridge in the west there is ample opportunity to break off pieces of heat and shoot them this way. Maybe we don't see 3...4...5+ days of heat in a row but there is still plenty of room to sneak in a day or two over the upcoming weeks.

It will happen but the bite isn’t as big so onto late summer/early fall coc.

2 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

It will happen but the bite isn’t as big so onto late summer/early fall coc.

At some point as we move through September we'll start getting some shots of much cooler air (so long as the Arctic configuration doesn't change). But as long as warmer air gets pumped into west-central Canada we'll continue to see shots of well above-average temperatures. The questions becomes what dominates more and just based on the look of everything above-average will likely win out.

At some point we should start tapping into some tropical moisture too so we may have some wetter times ahead. I don't think the fall will be very dry.

image.thumb.png.3eccbc5bb728f1422ce5c12ab8659fc8.png

• Like 1

The 5 day 90s with high humidity is now 2 days with moderate then cool shots. Summer is not over until mid September as usual but each cooler shot is longer and the HHH less frequent and short lived.  We are passed the worst part of summer and now on to the best part. Warm to hot days with lower humidity. We did it. Broken back Mt Tolland 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

The 5 day 90s with high humidity is now 2 days with moderate then cool shots. Summer is not over until mid September as usual but each cooler shot is longer and the HHH less frequent and short lived.  We are passed the worst part of summer and now on to the best part. Warm to hot days with lower humidity. We did it. Broken back Mt Tolland 

I am probably one of the biggest haters of the HHH, and while there were so many sweaty dome days for some reason I was fine with it.  Sucked pretty bad, but I suppose it's old man tolerance kicking in.

20 minutes ago, Cold Miser said:

I am probably one of the biggest haters of the HHH, and while there were so many sweaty dome days for some reason I was fine with it.  Sucked pretty bad, but I suppose it's old man tolerance kicking in.

There was a nice breeze on 90% of the super hot days so that definitely helps.  I think only 1 day was I saying this is too hot and headed inside. I don't work outside for a living but I imagine it was a brutal stretch for many.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, weatherwiz said:

At some point as we move through September we'll start getting some shots of much cooler air (so long as the Arctic configuration doesn't change). But as long as warmer air gets pumped into west-central Canada we'll continue to see shots of well above-average temperatures. The questions becomes what dominates more and just based on the look of everything above-average will likely win out.

At some point we should start tapping into some tropical moisture too so we may have some wetter times ahead. I don't think the fall will be very dry.

Warm/dry summer, cool/wet fall...leads to a warm/dry winter. Just how we drew it up.

• Haha 1

Just now, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

I’ve tolerated it a tad more this summer but I still despise it. 

Summer was hot, but same here...tolerated and welcomed at times. But now, I'm ready for some cooler wx. One more stretch leading up to Labor Day where I'll take a torch and then after that, let it cool. 

• Like 1

I wish I really enjoyed it more. I did go to the beach probably at least a dozen times and went hiking several times but I still wish I got outside and enjoyed more...especially during the week. One thing I miss about West Hartford was the center and walking around...I used to go on 1-2 hour walks so much. I did get myself back into playing Pokemon Go after 3 years so that got me to do a little more walking. 

Anyways though...as much as I love heat/humidity (although the sweating sucks b/c I like to be clean) it really was a waste this summer. Hardly any solid convective setups...that day with the enhanced risk into CT...followed by the ridiculous tornado watch then followed by the garbage warnings" was trash. 

59 minutes ago, weatherwiz said:

I hope you're right

Just now, Lava Rock said:

I hope you're right

Especially if the Gulf becomes active or the southeast U.S. The pattern is setup to get some stronger troughs to start digging into the east. but who the hell knows...pattern could completely flip and as we move through fall we see a trough develop in the west. 

30 minutes ago, weatherwiz said:

The pattern is setup to get some stronger troughs to start digging into the east. but who the hell knows...pattern could completely flip and as we move through fall we see a trough develop in the west. 

Seems a trough in the west equals well above to record heat here and a ridge out west gives us near normal in SNE (more of a summer thing when BN is usually from rainy days )

not to say we can’t do below normal..3 months and 1 week ago I was snow  tubing powder at cannon 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MaineJayhawk said:

I assume that icon towards Berlin is for Phin?  What is it?

Closest Icould get to his name/avatar for Phineas Gage. Of course Phineas Gage didn’t exactly have his brain explode...but IOS doesn’t have a rod in the head emoji yet. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, powderfreak said:

Sun busted out back this way after the early morning band of showers.... was 63F at 11am but now a truly epic, breezy and sunny 72F.  That NW breeze feels dry and visibility is ridiculous, crystal clear between Cu and rain shafts out in eastern VT to NH. 

Can you see all the way south to Shaftsbury, VT?

• Like 1