SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
August 2020 Discussion

Baroclinic Zone

11 hours ago, CoastalWx said:

Bullshit rain event.

11 hours ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

Yeah.... barely enough to wet the ground here.... .14 over like 8 hours ain’t going to get it done.... I know Matt (butterfish) and Bob did a bit better.... and Matt is pretty close to me so kind of surprising 

11 hours ago, butterfish55 said:
11 hours ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:
Yeah.... barely enough to wet the ground here.... .14 over like 8 hours ain’t going to get it done.... I know Matt (butterfish) and Bob did a bit better.... and Matt is pretty close to me so kind of surprising 

Yeah would have been nice to get more but it was something. It was just good to have a couple days without blazing sun and 90s.

Damn, just about 1/2" here.

1 hour ago, ineedsnow said:

Same unbearable. Yuma was 112 yesterday with a dew of 65 I cant even think about how crappy that would feel

Newark in July 2011 can relate. 

Looking at the raw 1 min obs...looks like they pulled a 108/69 and a 106/72. They had back to back 109/66 obs too, but they didn't get a 3rd one to make the 5-min avg 109F so officially the high for the day was "only" 108F.

It's why I don't think the 'summer's back has been broken'  ? 

We are in a highly anomalous pattern - grant you that... One that has taken on a +PNAP construct.  We are not dumping 100 F boundary layer heat plumes into coastal California off a broken back... But, the phrase is subjective so taken fwiw

It's interesting to me ... I have this observations about this summer ( ..and similarly I noticed this the last two summers as well ). There seems there is a kind of 'velocity hangover' left-over from that ground-based, airline flight speed record maelstrom winter.  LGA to London in 3.5 hours at sonic gb velocities..  amazing really. These are statistics recurrent with more frequency in recent winters, too. Most likely ...it is some sort of indirect if not direct physical manifestation ( ulimately) of the expanded HC into the lower Ferrel termination latitudes causing increased gradient...etc.   It's just much more subtle due to the nature of the time of year - but it's kind of still there.  The point being, with subtle more wind momentum that may cause more structured R-wave tendencies than is normal for this time of year... and we're ending up with that early February look ... Just an idea -

19 minutes ago, weatherwiz said:

"hell" is right - because I'm left heart broken again ... yeah, yeah go ahead -

but, she lives in the East Village above downtown San Francisco - and we've had a storied passed going back some 25 years.  It's complex and textured and ... hugely inappropriate for any social media setting patron by sagacity and patient insight ... Anyway, it didn't work out sufficed it is to say - and now...this ... won't. let. me. forget.  The holistic symbolism is torturous ... I just want a category 3.5 hurricane sitting over the outer Bahamas, with a Bahama Blue conveyor pattern pointed giving it no other choice - ..heh, kind of like my lost fight for her... Right at western Maine - but at this point, would settle for a f'n cumulonimbus cloud - anything other than ennui so stretched it challenges the very endurance of man.. forcing any lovelorn lover of natural science to beedie- eyed conviction right smack where she sits her fantastically shaped ass.  

2 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

"hell" is right - because I'm left heart broken again ... yeah, yeah go ahead -

but, she lives in the East Village above downtown San Francisco - and we've had a storied passed going back some 25 years.  It's complex and textured and ... hugely inappropriate for any social media setting patron by sagacity and patient insight ... Anyway, it didn't work out sufficed it is to say - and now...this ... won't. let. me. forget.  The holistic symbolism is torturous ... I just want a category 3.5 hurricane sitting over the outer Bahamas, with a Bahama Blue conveyor pattern pointed giving it no other choice - ..heh, kind of like my lost fight for her... Right at western Maine - but at this point, would settle for a f'n cumulonimbus cloud - anything other than ennui so stretched it challenges the very endurance of man.. forcing any lovelorn lover of natural science to beedie- eyed conviction right smack where she sits her fantastically shaped ass.  

This is a sig worthy post. 

This also may be my favorite post of all time. 

31 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

It's why I don't think the 'summer's back has been broken'  ? 

We are in a highly anomalous pattern - grant you that... One that has taken on a +PNAP construct.  We are not dumping 100 F boundary layer heat plumes into coastal California off a broken back... But, the phrase is subjective so taken fwiw

It's interesting to me ... I have this observations about this summer ( ..and similarly I noticed this the last two summers as well ). There seems there is a kind of 'velocity hangover' left-over from that ground-based, airline flight speed record maelstrom winter.  LGA to London in 3.5 hours at sonic gb velocities..  amazing really. These are statistics recurrent with more frequency in recent winters, too. Most likely ...it is some sort of indirect if not direct physical manifestation ( ulimately) of the expanded HC into the lower Ferrel termination latitudes causing increased gradient...etc.   It's just much more subtle due to the nature of the time of year - but it's kind of still there.  The point being, with subtle more wind momentum that may cause more structured R-wave tendencies than is normal for this time of year... and we're ending up with that early February look ... Just an idea -

it is, we back break

WildGregariousGyrfalcon-max-1mb.gif

17 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

it is, we back break

WildGregariousGyrfalcon-max-1mb.gif

well... not sure one can 'realistically' think so with what's going on out west - 

I guess relative to our region, maybe?  If we are only talking NE ...it's like cat-head-in-the-paper bag syndrome.  It doesn't matter that the cat's ass and tail are sticking out of the paper bag, it only sees the inside of the bag so it's perception is safe and hidden in there...  

Only in this case, the world around NE is an inferno of high summer ...but the pattern anomaly ( the 'bag' ) is nicely tucking our heads inside ...  Just don't let the tail sticking out get noticed by Junior. 

It might... I happen to think the probability is that it won't - I see this pattern as an early R-wave expression during high summer heat ... If the pattern ever rolled out..you'd eject/expulse big time thermal plume and the tail gets yanked.  But early expressions like this ( late in May's too ) have been increasingly more common place since 2000 during transition seasons... 

I'm digressing but I think we're going to see early cold waves late Sept through October/Novie ...maybe even some legit snow threats in latter frames - packing pellet busted virga plumed CU by Halloween ... then, the gradient kicks by Xmass leaving seasonal giddy outlooks going whaaa -

1 hour ago, dendrite said:

Newark in July 2011 can relate. 

Looking at the raw 1 min obs...looks like they pulled a 108/69 and a 106/72. They had back to back 109/66 obs too, but they didn't get a 3rd one to make the 5-min avg 109F so officially the high for the day was "only" 108F.

EWR had a low of 86 to go with that 108 on 7/22/2011.  The low was tied the next day and those 2 are warmest minima on record by 2°.  That 108 is tops by 3° - half a dozen days have hit 105.