Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Big time heat focused in sne Sunday-Tuesday to close out July

weathafella

12 minutes ago, PhineasC said:

This weather is for old ladies in sweaters and thin-blooded men. 

I think of my grandfather (rest in peace) being 85 years old and freezing cold all the time.  The only time he could get warm was sitting on his porch in central NY when it was like 90/70 at SYR.  He’d be legit cold at like 80F if the dew point was in the 40s/50s... just like DIT/Kev. Complaining about “cold evenings” when it’s like 70F outside, acting/dressing like it’s about to snow.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

I think of my grandfather (rest in peace) being 85 years old and freezing cold all the time.  The only time he could get warm was sitting on his porch in central NY when it was like 90/70 at SYR.  He’d be legit cold at like 80F if the dew point was in the 40s/50s... just like DIT/Kev. Complaining about “cold evenings” when it’s like 70F outside, acting like it’s about to snow.

Yes, my mother in law is like that. I have seen her wearing wool socks, heavy stockings, and a shawl wrapped tightly around her in some crazy high temps/dews. I would definitely succumb to heat stroke in the same setup. It seems like if there is any kind of "breeze" hitting her (like from a ceiling fan) she starts to shiver even if the ambient temp is 80+.

• Haha 1

I thought 2014 was exceptionally dry, 2016 as well..but if this type of dryness continues through August, we might be making a run at one of the driest summers in recent history (at least in this area). At least some of the morning fog/high dews have kept things moist some of the time lol..

16 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Hey but look on the bright side, it’s always nice and sunny... and then you steal all our QPF in the winter.

I keep saying I want winter QPF, but recent summers have been so dry and we try to keep a fair share of plantings going in the warm season.  Can’t we just only get rain at night when we sleep? LOL. 

2 hours ago, PhineasC said:

Yes, my mother in law is like that. I have seen her wearing wool socks, heavy stockings, and a shawl wrapped tightly around her in some crazy high temps/dews. I would definitely succumb to heat stroke in the same setup. It seems like if there is any kind of "breeze" hitting her (like from a ceiling fan) she starts to shiver even if the ambient temp is 80+.

You sure that wasn't MoneypitMike?

11 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Cabot cheese and dairy land led the state of Vermont for water in July.

9.15" and 8.48" is a wet month.  Pretty awesome consistency between two stations near each other, to the east of the Cabot Village center.

July_2020_cheese.jpg.7febff3d7416e9bca7bc1aa34459bdc8.jpg

Looks like 8.33" in Randolph over the past 30 days. 4.43" of that came in a few hours on 7/14 when my driveway turned into a river.