Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Big time heat focused in sne Sunday-Tuesday to close out July

weathafella

12 hours ago, HimoorWx said:

Nope. I'm 66, and I still despise this weather. Probably hate it more than when I was younger.

I’ve never quite understood that either – beyond adulthood, shouldn’t the body be less able to handle environmental extremes as one advances in age?  My parents are older than you, and they purposefully don’t stay down in Florida during the summer - unless you’re constantly in the water or A/C, the combination of heat and humidity down there is really tough on the body.  The uncomfortable feeling that people get as heat index values rise is the body indicating that the conditions are not optimal, and the NWS literally issues heat advisories because of the potential effects of elevated heat index values.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

86 here, but with dews near 60 it's not bad at all.

Actually perfect,  just got back from my lake swim. Definitely feel the difference in the shade. Evaporative cooling for the win. That will be my last lake swim as the water is absurdly warm and I don't need swimmers ear. Come September I will go back. Its salt water or pool rest of the summer. Hard to believe only 4 weeks left in Kevs summer, the rest of us 7 weeks of sun fun and water. 

1 hour ago, snowman21 said:

Another 90+ day for BDL. Including today, 2020 moves into second place for most 90+ days at BDL in July:

1. 2019    19
2. 2020    18
3. 2016    17
4. 1955    16
4. 1966    16
6. 2010    15

Been a busy decade for hot July’s.  Can’t wait to do it again next July, ha.

Just now, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

I’m a big fan of Sep weather down here. Still warm but cooler nights with fizzling dews. Almost there.

Sept might be the most boring weather month we have in New England...almost nothing exciting happens outside of the rare rogue TC.

But it probably has some of the nicest weather of the year.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

I’m a big fan of Sep weather down here. Still warm but cooler nights with fizzling dews. Almost there.

Yes, September is a great month actually, Typically its the "harvest" month and we see our first frost in may cases.

• Like 1
  • Weenie 1

13 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Sept might be the most boring weather month we have in New England...almost nothing exciting happens outside of the rare rogue TC.

But it probably has some of the nicest weather of the year.

It's been the month with the highest proportion (not duration) of sunshine in my 22+ years here.  Except for 2011 when first frost was Oct 6, that initial 32-or-below has come in September, with the median date the 19th. (Includes 2011.)  However, with convection becoming rare (average # of Sept TS here is 1) and fall storms usually not yet cranking, it's hard to disagree with that 1st sentence above.