• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Big time heat focused in sne Sunday-Tuesday to close out July

weathafella

Is 2018 the current July record for BDL?

Edit: Just looked it up, looks like last year 2019 is the current record for "Hartford Area."

Not sure if it's year's of "Yore" right now or if we should just call it "each year gets a little hotter", ha.  Summer of Yore is probably a pretty cold summer.

10 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Edit: Just looked it up, looks like last year 2019 is the current record for "Hartford Area."

Not sure if it's year's of "Yore" right now or if we should just call it "each year gets a little hotter", ha.  Summer of Yore is probably a pretty cold summer.

For a long time, the summers in the late 1940s and early 1950s really stood out, but they are now getting surpassed by some of these recent summers. I was randomly looking at “summer to date” temps a couple days ago for ORH and saw that the coldest summer on record “to date” was 2009....feels like eons ago, lol.

1949 i believe is still the hottest summer on record statewide in MA but this summer may challenge it if we have a torch August. 

23 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

I don’t recall last July as being hot. I guess it was, but my recollection of last summer was Ginx , Berg and Kdxken posting and slapping  coc ks in suits . I thought it was their kind of summer . I do think I remember August being cool and not what most folks like with HHH. So we must have just had one good month in July. 

9 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

I don’t recall last July as being hot. I guess it was, but my recollection of last summer was Ginx , Berg and Kdxken posting and slapping  coc ks in suits . I thought it was their kind of summer . I do think I remember August being cool and not what most folks like with HHH. So we must have just had one good month in July. 

I believe it was warm last July, I want to say it was +3 or so up here.

45 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Wow dew dropped like 19 in a half hour. 57!

Look at that 48F dew at BOS... today was pretty incredible from a comfort standpoint.  Woke up to dews in the low 70s but then that 20 degree dew point drop midday really changed things.  It's incredible how much the dew point factors into comfort.  Regardless of the temperature.

200728212746.gif.052b2dea6c71b9a2d853a20897522790.gif

• Like 1