• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Big time heat focused in sne Sunday-Tuesday to close out July

weathafella

Just got back from the range and I must admit...feels pretty good out there. I’m drenched but as long as you stay hydrated, it’s a good workout. Now, for someone who has to be out there all day...it’s terrible. But an hour out ain’t that bad. I think I’m getting old though because I used to hate this trash. 

3 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

Just got back from the range and I must admit...feels pretty good out there. I’m drenched but as long as you stay hydrated, it’s a good workout. Now, for someone who has to be out there all day...it’s terrible. But an hour out ain’t that bad. I think I’m getting old though because I used to hate this trash. 

Setting up DIT to hit this post out of the park.

28 minutes ago, dendrite said:

2pm highs so far...

TAN 99
PVD 99
PYM 98
GHG 98
OQU 98
EWB 97

Holy sh*t. 

Up this way it was one of the more impressive dew FROPAs I can remember.  

We are down about 15F in the past hour, with the clearest blue sky imaginable.  Like COC just rolled in all at once.  

82/55 currently down from 81/70.

1 minute ago, powderfreak said:

BTV 88/51 for 28% RH.

SLK dew down to 48F.

The dry air advection in full force.  

Yeah it's definitely a front and not just remnant MCS outflow. There's just not enough oomph there to get a temp drop to go with the dew drop. Like we've been saying, our front door cold fronts have basically become drylines.

22 minutes ago, dendrite said:

Yeah it's definitely a front and not just remnant MCS outflow. There's just not enough oomph there to get a temp drop to go with the dew drop. Like we've been saying, our front door cold fronts have basically become drylines.

Yeah that’s exactly what it is.  BTV will still hit 90F if they haven’t yet... but the Td is down over 20 degrees. 

Crazy warm pattern when the FROPAS are basically just “dew downs.”

You can see it on satellite... probably why today is busting warm SE of the front?  The day right ahead of the FROPA seems to be surprisingly hot (over-perform)most of the time.   

45E515B3-E093-4516-89F8-C8512C86FFB2.jpeg.11d3d1f2a0ea96f2e58b6a3317983742.jpeg

16 minutes ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

Man, NW MA has, for whatever meteorological reason, lucked out this summer. It’s been hot but only four days total over 90 in Greenfield. 
87/72 currently.  I guess we have had cloud debris on most of the forecast hottest days. 

I have had a lot of 90-92s here and locally which translates to your hi 80s in GC. arent you in an elevated part of the valley, too? That will lop off a degree or two from valley floor more often than not

• Like 1

Really glad I am not in Randolph right now. 

"Only" 80 degrees today but has been over 70 the last two nights. 

The observer up the road left a note that he hasn't seen that in the 20 years he's been doing the obs.

Can't handle that without AC.

It's about a million degrees here in DE but at least I have AC. This damned planet is out of control.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Dr. Dews said:

I have had a lot of 90-92s here and locally which translates to your hi 80s in GC. arent you in an elevated part of the valley, too? That will lop off a degree or two from valley floor more often than not

Elevated valley (Green River)  within the valley (Ct River).  My area is notorious radiator spot in the winter.   
Be interested to know what Ray’s temperatures have been like but probably similar to yours.

• Like 1