Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Big time heat focused in sne Sunday-Tuesday to close out July

weathafella

2 hours ago, OceanStWx said:

Because we only do records since 1941 for PWM (due to siting) 78 will be the all time record warm low*.

Low of 70 here yesterday, only the 2nd 70+ minimum since moving here in 1998.   Had 71 on 7/19/2005.  Low-noise TS 7-7:30 last evening, futzed around for 20 minutes then about 2 minutes after I finished grilling burgers, the skies opened, about 0.30" in 10 minutes, total cocorahs report 0.45".  Noted 2.4" RA in Hermon, one town west of that BGR funnel, and 2.5" in Dedham, 3 towns SE.

1 hour ago, moneypitmike said:

Gross morning.  74/68.

LOL at people attributing a shark attack to global warming.

With Maine's colder water, there are both fewer sharks and fewer swimmers. A winning recipe for few enoucnters.  While rare, I did see that they had caught an 18' white back in '96.   Harpswell is close to Pit2, only an 18 mile drive.  Probably half that as the crow flys.  

And the other reported Maine shark attack was at Perry, in the cold waters of Passamaquoddy Bay.  Folks have been catching large sharks not far off the Maine coast for years, so it's somewhat surprising that so few attacks have occurred here.

52 minutes ago, dendrite said:

I find it hard to believe that you enjoy running in this weather. There’s like no oxygen in the air. 

went cycling last nite. Normally on hot nights when you're riding up to 30mph you get the breeze across your face. With the dews last night, it was like riding into a hair dryer with the added sweat.

23 minutes ago, tamarack said:

Low of 70 here yesterday, only the 2nd 70+ minimum since moving here in 1998.   Had 71 on 7/19/2005.  Low-noise TS 7-7:30 last evening, futzed around for 20 minutes then about 2 minutes after I finished grilling burgers, the skies opened, about 0.30" in 10 minutes, total cocorahs report 0.45".  Noted 2.4" RA in Hermon, one town west of that BGR funnel, and 2.5" in Dedham, 3 towns SE.

I'm not holding my breath for any t showers today. I know how those pan out for us. High and dry till next week.