• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Big time heat focused in sne Sunday-Tuesday to close out July

weathafella

excruciating nerd ob ... but, I just swept the ASOS and as of the same five minute interval, HFD/BOS/ASH/BED/MHT were all exactly the same temp to the decimal, 93.2, and, all were at their high temp pegged. 

I just thought that was an interesting result... 

Also, 97/66 at KTAN is respectable !

2 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

excruciating nerd ob ... but, I just swept the ASOS and as of the same five minute interval, HFD/BOS/ASH/BED/MHT were all exactly the same temp to the decimal, 93.2, and, all were at there hight temp pegged. 

I just thought that was an interesting result... 

Also, 97/66 at KTAN is respectable !

I think whatever site you are using is just converting 34C obs to Fahrenheit....but the problem with that is it is not getting the 34C ob to the nearest tenth. It doesn't differentiate from 33.8C to 34.3C and they all show up as 34C = 93.2F....the faux appearance of precision. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, CoastalWx said:

There is definitely a torch pocket (like yesterday) near the south coast. Probably better 850 Ts there.

Mesoanalysis has a little weenie pocket of 20C 850s over FMH to MVY/ACK....so I think your assessment is correct.

17 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

I think whatever site you are using is just converting 34C obs to Fahrenheit....but the problem with that is it is not getting the 34C ob to the nearest tenth. It doesn't differentiate from 33.8C to 34.3C and they all show up as 34C = 93.2F....the faux appearance of precision. 

Yeah...I figured as much ...but unlike you, when I try to explain this sort of detail people automagically don't get it and stare at me blankly as some sort of metaphysical curse to not get it -

Kidding but that said ...there's still some value in their being the same - rounding conventions notwithstanding - ... 

Just now, powderfreak said:

85/73

The dews are nuts as Dendrite pointed out a few days ago... we'd miss the high heat but get the higher dews.  No thanks but that's what we've got.

I'd rather have low heat and low dews but if i had to choose between the two i guess i'd take higher heat and lower dews, These 73F dews suck.

• Confused 1

4 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

85/73

The dews are nuts as Dendrite pointed out a few days ago...we'd miss the high heat but get the higher dews.  No thanks but that's what we've got.  73F out in a NNE field is impressive... this morning's rain certainly didn't hurt either.

image.png