Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Big time heat focused in sne Sunday-Tuesday to close out July

weathafella

1 hour ago, powderfreak said:

How do dew points and surface moisture affect that?  Are the 17-18C days “undered” but surface moisture is a bit more than modeled?

I yeah I don't know.  it's a theoretically sound question - heh... haven't been paying much attention, just bitching

6 hours ago, OceanStWx said:

Was looking into PWM because overnight lows have seemed to be running high. And while that has definitely been the case in the last few weeks, what the hell happened in September 2019 with daytime temps?

wxsitequal.pl?site=KPWM&days=728&sensor=

Maybe, but another station may have come online nearby too. MADIS itself isn’t perfect either, but like you said, it has caught some drift in the past. Had PWM stood out a bit to you before seeing that graph? 

17 minutes ago, dendrite said:

Maybe, but another station may have come online nearby too. MADIS itself isn’t perfect either, but like you said, it has caught some drift in the past. Had PWM stood out a bit to you before seeing that graph? 

We had inquired with the techs about high temperatures last year and were told things were fine. But the overnight lows have definitely stood out the last couple of weeks. Unless they hit it between obs, PWM has been 80+ all night. That's not normal.

10 minutes ago, OceanStWx said:

We had inquired with the techs about high temperatures last year and were told things were fine. But the overnight lows have definitely stood out the last couple of weeks. Unless they hit it between obs, PWM has been 80+ all night. That's not normal.

lol I missed that this morning. Even PSM and BOS are down into the mid 70s with similar mixing. PSM has some clouds too. Downslope off of lavarock’s lawn maybe?

Did they put down a nice layer of black mulch per DIT’s recommendation?

1 minute ago, dendrite said:

lol I missed that this morning. Even PSM and BOS are down into the mid 70s with similar mixing. PSM has some clouds too. Downslope off of lavarock’s lawn maybe?

Did they put down a nice layer of black mulch per DIT’s recommendation?

Gotta head to MIA for a warmer temp right now.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, dendrite said:

70.7° overcast

Looks like there’s some convection in N NH and N VT that’s trying to drop SE. it probably won’t make it down here, but I wonder if that messes up the heating during the morning.

Wasn’t expecting the rain.  

0.38” so far... enough to soak the vegetation.

70/70