• Member Statistics

    16,026
    Total Members
    7,904
    Most Online
    Bobby Orr
    Newest Member
    Bobby Orr
    Joined
WxWatcher007

Hurricane Isaías

Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, NorthHillsWx said:

Yes main house is ok they have a ground floor that’s completely flooded

Thanks, we only have storage on the lower level.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Great work from recon tonight. Talk about a close shave/center fix to the coastline. About as close as they could get without being over land. What happens if the dropsonde hits somebody ;) 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is prob a taste of what’s to come with the jet fuel temps all around the Gulf and East Coast.  Gonna be a long three months, 

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Track/intensity forecast (at least north of VA) still looks about the same to me...

FORECAST POSITIONS AND MAX WINDS

INIT  04/0300Z 33.8N  78.5W   75 KT  85 MPH
 12H  04/1200Z 37.0N  76.8W   60 KT  70 MPH...INLAND
 24H  05/0000Z 42.0N  73.8W   50 KT  60 MPH...INLAND
 36H  05/1200Z 46.8N  70.4W   40 KT  45 MPH...INLAND
 48H  06/0000Z 50.8N  68.3W   30 KT  35 MPH...POST-TROP/EXTRATROP
 60H  06/1200Z 52.9N  66.3W   25 KT  30 MPH...POST-TROP/EXTRATROP
 72H  07/0000Z...DISSIPATED

 

cone graphic

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, Windspeed said:

Significant surge coming into Oak Island.

 

That where my friend and neighbor is. Hope he's not the one the guys talking about.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote
Hurricane Isaias Tropical Cyclone Update
NWS National Hurricane Center Miami FL       AL092020
1115 PM EDT Mon Aug 3 2020

Doppler radar imagery and surface observations indicate that eye of 
Hurricane Isaias made landfall in southern North Carolina 
around 1110 PM EDT (0310 UTC) near Ocean Isle Beach, with maximum 
sustained winds of 85 mph (140 km/h).

A weather station at Oak Island, North Carolina, recently reported 
sustained winds of 76 mph (122 km/h) and a gust to 87 mph (140 
km/h). 

A data buoy near the coast of North Carolina has recently reported 
a minimum pressure of 988 MB (29.18 inches).

SUMMARY OF 1115 PM EDT...0315 UTC...INFORMATION

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is way more than I expected (Sea Breeze, north of Carolina Beach).  Wow.  The wind is howling out there and its been pretty intense for the last hour.  Lost power about 30 mins ago.  

I hate these night storms...bad timing...its pitch black out there and I've heard quite a few branches snapping.  Ugh.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, MJO812 said:

Jim Cantore is in the eye wall right now

Live  on TWC

On the current track what he is currently standing in is going to go right up just west of Hwy 17, Jacksonville, New Bern, Kinston, Greenville, Washington etc are all going to catch that east eyewall......

 

Gonna be a interesting 6 hrs or so.....just getting into the first real rain band not much wind yet....

0.thumb.jpg.e67e49cbc3036cc2c66af183ee41e441.jpg

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, downeastnc said:

On the current track what he is currently standing in is going to go right up just west of Hwy 17, Jacksonville, New Bern, Kinston, Greenville, Washington etc are all going to catch that east eyewall......

 

Gonna be a interesting 6 hrs or so.....just getting into the first real rain band not much wind yet....

0.thumb.jpg.e67e49cbc3036cc2c66af183ee41e441.jpg

 

Enjoy your power while you have it! Track looks to take the most significant inland winds over your area 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, NorthHillsWx said:

Enjoy your power while you have it! Track looks to take the most significant inland winds over your area 

Looking for some info on how the wind will be for Pinetops/FarmVille NC area. Thanks 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, RU848789 said:

Track/intensity forecast (at least north of VA) still looks about the same to me...

FORECAST POSITIONS AND MAX WINDS

INIT  04/0300Z 33.8N  78.5W   75 KT  85 MPH
 12H  04/1200Z 37.0N  76.8W   60 KT  70 MPH...INLAND
 24H  05/0000Z 42.0N  73.8W   50 KT  60 MPH...INLAND
 36H  05/1200Z 46.8N  70.4W   40 KT  45 MPH...INLAND
 48H  06/0000Z 50.8N  68.3W   30 KT  35 MPH...POST-TROP/EXTRATROP
 60H  06/1200Z 52.9N  66.3W   25 KT  30 MPH...POST-TROP/EXTRATROP
 72H  07/0000Z...DISSIPATED

 

cone graphic

 

Pet peeve: why can't the NHC put at least the wind speeds on the track graphic at each point ?  Maybe just extend the time-stamp, i.e., 8 pm Tue, 42.0N 73.8W, 50 KT 60 MPH - there's plenty of empty space on the graphic - it's so annoying to have to go back and forth between the discussion track points and the graphic.  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, NJsnow89 said:

Looking for some info on how the wind will be for Pinetops/FarmVille NC area. Thanks 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.