• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    hubric
    Newest Member
    hubric

Hurricane Isaías

thats from the storm. it went through here a few  hours ago heading rapidly  north

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, nwohweather said:

Looking really healthy at the moment. Winds starting to pick up west of Charleston but still light. Going to be a rough night up around Georgetown.

Anxiously awaiting in Myrtle Beach. Gonna go down to the ocean before high tide to see how bad it actually is. If there’s any daylight left I’ll post a pic 

7 minutes ago, ldub23 said:

thats from the storm. it went through here a few  hours ago heading rapidly  north

That band he’s talking about in DC is not associated with the tropical storm.  Look at the radar. 

• Like 2

After struggling for days try to make an eye and having it ripped away, Iz deserves to have a big ragged tractor tire for an eye at the end.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

40 minutes ago, WinterWolf said:

That’s not a feeder..that’s from the trough not the storm imo.

Nope. Been following it for 6 hours as it moved northward from NC/VA border 

• Weenie 1

30 minutes ago, WinterWolf said:

That band he’s talking about in DC is not associated with the tropical storm.  Look at the radar. 

Two people have now told you that you are incorrect 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Weenie 2

Just now, WEATHER53 said:

Two people have now told you that you are incorrect 

So what?  I’m looking at the radar...it’s a few  hundred miles away from the circulation of the storm. But if you guys say so, so be it. 

Steady rain settling in on Bald Head Island, NC. Very faint breezes so no wind to speak of yet

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, WinterWolf said:

So what?  I’m looking at the radar...it’s a few  hundred miles away from the circulation of the storm. But if you guys say so, so be it. 

The storms in Ohio are from the trough

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, WinterWolf said:

I'm not sure it is "outer bands" or simply just moisture interacting with the stalled frontal boundary:

image.png.898146b5e29943b4da989274f02f761f.png

• Like 2

Might need another convective burst to get over the hump and reach hurricane status again, but the radar progression continues to indicate the storm is gradually becoming better organized. Much more pronounced banding features in the northern quadrant and, obviously, a ragged formative eyewall. I still believe this makes it to Cat 1, but it's going to be close unless some new storms blow up. Some high velocities noted from local radars as well. NHC discussed these might be related to the beam height and distance from radar site. Convection is waning despite the improvement of the overall organization.

Heavy rain in Raleigh. About 0.50" so far and adding up quick. Definitely some feisty gusts with the current rain band as it pushed through but mostly calm now

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, goldman75 said:

Here in myrtle beach it’s just been some light rain.  Very little breeze.  Suppose to start going downhill around 8pm

I'm in Surfside and we've gotten some really good squalls. Had one early this morning and another in the afternoon, and then one about an hour or so ago. The most recent one, the ocean was just a blur from our oceanfront spot like 100 yards from the ocean.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, WinterWolf said:

That’s not a feeder..that’s from the trough not the storm imo.

I think only graphics will answer this. The following are taken from MSFC's GOES animations. You can clearly see the band moving north off the Hurricane. The first was about 3 hours before it moved through DC area. The second is when it was moving through:

Band still clearly connected to Isaias and not part of the trough:

GANIMPsonKy1.jpg

Band moving through DC area, still not part of the trough:

GANIMPsonKy33.jpg

2 minutes ago, Random Chaos said:

I think only graphics will answer this. The following are taken from MSFC's GOES animations. You can clearly see the band moving north off the Hurricane. The first was about 3 hours before it moved through DC area. The second is when it was moving through:

Band still clearly connected to Isaias and not part of the trough:

GANIMPsonKy1.jpg

Band moving through DC area, still not part of the trough:

GANIMPsonKy33.jpg

Yep trough showing up nicely on radar in western  Virginia that will move east after Isaias moves north that band coming through DC outer edges of Isaias and now transitioning to overrunning up here in Pennsylvania we’ve had dew points in the lower to mid 60s all day with cobalt blue skies dew point was 62 at 8 am now it’s 67 and climbing totally cloudy here now with a light south wind which was NW. 

Definitely interested in tornado potential tomorrow in the RFQ. Low level lapse rates approach 7.0(steep for a TC) and yield 0-3km CAPE in excess of 150. Ample vort, obviously, and extremely large hodographs. As typical, however, lapse rates above 500mb or so are worse than terrible, and should keep a relative cap on updraft intensity. Raw values below 3km suggest some sig tor potential, but the nature of the setup and climatology have me on hold.

• Weenie 1