Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Potential few SVR/FF events parts of NYC forum Wed-Thu 7/22-23/20

wdrag

8 minutes ago, Allsnow said:

Got it! Thank you. Your area got slammed! How much rain did you get? 

Got around 1.10" from last night's storms, and 1.33" for the day. 7.43" over the past 18 days. But couldn't buy a raindrop for the 30 days prior (0.35"). Summer rainfall is so fickle. 

• Like 1

My last on this... thinking of when to start Tuesday topic-it may be tomorrow-timing is a big part of summer convection, but last night was different...I think in part due to all the low level convergence encouraging Friday morning's big storms (light northerly surface winds  to the north of the boundary and light south-southwest to the south).  I don't want to start Tuesdays topic so early that it weakens to standard run of the mill scattered shower/thunderstorm due to poor timing.  This weakening could happen even if the topic is delayed til Monday morning. 

Summary: here's the RFC 3 day multisensor totals...  from what I can tell, at least 4" in this conservative assessment. OKX RADARSCOPE Digital storm total for the period Tuesday evening to about 2PM today, showing 5-6" in yellow-red. There might be some hail contamination that falsely inflated the precip totals a bit.  I'm interested in ground truth totals for the entire 60-72 hours of 4+ inches. If none additional are posted, that is fine. We have to move forward.  Thanks. 225P/24 

Screen Shot 2020-07-24 at 2.06.26 PM.png

Screen_Shot_2020-07-24_at_2_17.18_PM.png

Longest light show I’ve ever seen, I watched for 4 hours before falling asleep, it’s a shame it occurred over the ocean instead of just a few miles further north over us.

Aug 13, 2016 in CT still takes the cake for the most impressive light show I’ve seen though, 2-3 strikes per second for well over an hour straight, watched it from LI, which of course got nothing. Seen some good ones in Orlando and Tampa too.