• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Late July Heat Wave

Chicago Storm

Hard to believe there is no heat advisory in the LOT CWA. I know there are certain criteria that technically need to be met, but it’s brutal out there. 

If no heat advisory on a day like today, I can’t imagine many other days that would warrant it. 

Maybe the criteria needs to be reviewed. Maybe I am less tolerant of the heat than others, but a HI of 100 should warrant an advisory, especially with warm overnight mins. I would even say a HI of 95 should suffice, but that’s just me. 

Hard to believe there is no heat advisory in the LOT CWA. I know there are certain criteria that technically need to be met, but it’s brutal out there. 

If no heat advisory on a day like today, I can’t imagine many other days that would warrant it. 

Maybe the criteria needs to be reviewed. Maybe I am less tolerant of the heat than others, but a HI of 100 should warrant an advisory, especially with warm overnight mins. I would even say a HI of 95 should suffice, but that’s just me. 

105 is the criteria. Many areas are around or above that.

That day a week or so ago had an advisory, and today needed one as well.

Dews are barely above 70 up in Chicagoland where temps are hottest.  Must be some deeper mixing going on or something.  Out this way dews have stayed AOA 77 most of the day and temps are several degrees "cooler".  Heat index values are higher here though, and pushing 110 at times.

EDIT:  Looks like a rogue storm has popped right over the city, and is heading towards ALEK lol

7 minutes ago, cyclone77 said:

Dews are barely above 70 up in Chicagoland where temps are hottest.  Must be some deeper mixing going on or something.  Out this way dews have stayed AOA 77 most of the day and temps are several degrees "cooler".  Heat index values are higher here though, and pushing 110 at times.

EDIT:  Looks like a rogue storm has popped right over the city, and is heading towards ALEK lol

850 mb temps/dews as well as progged mixing heights look very similar between your area and Chicago, so I would attribute it to the urban influence.  

• Like 1