• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Dano62
    Newest Member
    Dano62
STILL N OF PIKE

55 minutes ago, wxeyeNH said:

85/68   Looks like the cold front is entering W NH.  Dews should start dropping for me very soon.  60F dew will feel nice later this PM

Mm  .. not sure that's a cold front. 

As far as the geophysical analysis that is employed by theoretical Meteorology ... the front is still positioned west of ALB. 

I am seeing though a tendency for 1 to 3 F temp shed with a bit of a DP reduction that's diffused along an axis that bifurcates CNE/SNE N-S though so... not saying folks aren't detecting 'some'thing...   I "think" or wonder if there is a weak sort of smearing outflow pool that's in the process of mixing out ..left over from the eastern Great Lakes convection last eve/overnight... That could be confused ...  

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

Mm  .. not sure that's a cold front. 

As far as the geophysical analysis that is employed by theoretical Meteorology ... the front is still positioned west of ALB. 

I am seeing though a tendency for 1 to 3 F temp shed with a bit of a DP reduction that's diffused along an axis that bifurcates CNE/SNE N-S though so... not saying folks aren't detecting 'some'thing...   I "think" or wonder if there is a weak sort of smearing outflow pool that's in the process of mixing out ..left over from the eastern Great Lakes convection last eve/overnight... That could be confused ...  

I've noticed two boundaries being modeled the last few days. One goes through this afternoon (I think through here now) that is like you described. It's basically just a pressure trough functioning as a weak dryline as the winds veer from the S to the W-WNW bringing slightly lower dewpoints and a weak reduction on temps. Then the more legitimate front comes thourgh overnight toward morning with a more substantial T/Td drop.

6 minutes ago, dendrite said:

I've noticed two boundaries being modeled the last few days. One goes through this afternoon (I think through here now) that is like you described. It's basically just a pressure trough functioning as a weak dryline as the winds veer from the S to the W-WNW bringing slightly lower dewpoints and a weak reduction on temps. Then the more legitimate front comes thourgh overnight toward morning with a more substantial T/Td drop.

That's a good climo point actually ... I forgot about that tendency Brian yeah. It may be our home-grown 'dry-line' ... where we lead the mechanics by a d-slope when the wind turns W or something - causing some lead frontal environmental sweep out... 

Wiz' can prolly attest to this but I've seen the belly of those troughs ignite and steal 11 am CBs seaward and then the front comes through with a half-masted hard-on tops later in the afternoon with a gutted WW out of SPC...oops ...

93/74 HX 102 North Haven. High of 95.

3 hours ago, WxWatcher007 said:

Just make sure you keep the sunscreen flowing. 

giphy.gif?cid=82a1493bvnj0w8c1mrpiw7tzds

Thats my boy Ethan.

BTW i made the mistake of not wearing sun screen a little over a week ago. Thursday 7/9/20. It was about 90 that day. And i got the worse sunburn of my life.

Wear sunscreen folks.

sunburn1.thumb.jpg.4e77afb40e775e5a00f5265ad5349a47.jpgsunburn2.thumb.jpg.b2a70b9cfa7d126b4c916a4df82126d1.jpg

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 4

13 minutes ago, The 4 Seasons said:

Thats my boy Ethan.

BTW i made the mistake of not wearing sun screen a little over a week ago. Thursday 7/9/20. It was about 90 that day. And i got the worse sunburn of my life.

Wear sunscreen folks.

sunburn1.thumb.jpg.4e77afb40e775e5a00f5265ad5349a47.jpgsunburn2.thumb.jpg.b2a70b9cfa7d126b4c916a4df82126d1.jpg

Talk about damaging . Better go see a dermatologist ASAP.

• Sad 1
  • Weenie 1

27 minutes ago, The 4 Seasons said:

Thats my boy Ethan.

Wear sunscreen folks.

Damaging heat?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, dendrite said:

We went from south winds at 10am and 79/69 to NW this afternoon with 86/58.  

Not really a cold front but something happened and the air visibility got a lot clearer and dews fell into the upper 50s.