Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Wednesday, July 22, 2020 and/or Thursday, July 23, 2020 Severe Threat

weatherwiz

2 minutes ago, Henry's Weather said:

I'm guessing we wont have much until the final frontal passage because of a lack of speed shear, storm mode is to pulsating to allow storms to mature to severe.

yup...bulk shear is pretty nice, however, vertical shear relatively weak. Looks like best is actually behind the cold front (something else we usually get screwed over with) 

4 hours ago, radarman said:

A correlation coefficient image from yesterday... The x band view of the cell to the SE was attenuated, especially in the h polarization, but the structure is apparent all the same.   Probably good we were missing some ingredient.

umaxx_rhohv_20200722.png

Very cool, I liked this flash for two panels but was gone. Assuming it was something? Still learning.

110203872_2665727843675256_7428783556339854771_n.png?_nc_cat=105&_nc_sid=b96e70&_nc_ohc=k9VfOKTs8LMAX_z6tJR&_nc_oc=AQkNcD-3GMaqt4g6QfX0DzpSTmzdsWNaiZf-nueIbvULg3mexdXm0QF-NU2DELDYUkQ&_nc_ht=scontent-iad3-1.xx&oh=2d9ab65be62e7eec664f1f61e4e8eb8e&oe=5F3FA74F

Just now, Damage In Tolland said:

Not gonna miss anything 

This summer has been the worse. I was so pumped...literally live about a 1-2 minute drive from the airport and was working from home...that was a perfect recipe to catch storms. I have not had the opportunity ONCE to sit at the airport and watch storms come in. The few times I think BDL got hit I was down in Newtown. Maybe August can deliver goods but we tend to get nocturnal stuff...which is great but you can't see cloud features.