• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
WeatherFlow Tempest Station

Anonmet_GSO

Edit: Mods...this message was intended for the Banter Forum...please relocate to that subforum if that is your preference

Been thinking about adding a weather station to your home or office?

If you are like me, the budget has never been right for a Davis Wx station or Accu-Rite but along comes the WeatherFlow station.

After reading a lot of positive reviews, I got serious about buying one and that decision was made easier when I learned of a special promo that not only knocks a hundred bucks off but also comes with a hoodie and insulated tumbler.  

This "First Wave" promotion is still running as of 07/13/20, link here: WeatherFlow First Wave Promotion

Mine delivers today about four weeks after ordering.

As a Ham Radio operator, the lightning detection is of special interest which reportedly works well.

There is an impressive number of online Personal Weather Stations that can either update the WeatherFlow or Weather Underground network.

Disclaimer: I have no affiliation with the WeatherFlow company....just puttin' the info out there for possible benefit to other wx enthusiasts.  

• Like 2

WeatherFlow station arrived at 5:30pm and less than 20 min later was installed and providing data.

Personal Weather Station of my location can be viewed here: W4OVT Wx Station - Greensboro, NC

Integration into the Weather Underground network was easy viewable here: W4OVT WU Wx Station - Greensboro, NC

Note: Weather Underground requires about 15 minutes before the added station appears on their network

So far, everything is working as advertised.

• 5 months later...

I ordered a Tempest over the weekend.  I plan to mount it on a 1.25” wooden dowel and attach it to my pergola (dowel painted to match pergola).  A couple of 1.00” galvanized tube straps will hold the 1.25” dowel fairly well, but not tightly.  (The 1.25” straps are too large.)  I might wrap the dowel with some duct tape where it contacts the straps to take up the space.  I want it to be snug.

I’m looking forward to setting it up and testing it out.  Heard only good things about the Tempest.

Congrats on your new WeatherFlow WX Station!

Keep an eye on your indoor hub and if the green light remains lit, you are receiving data.

If not already done, think about listing your station on the Wx Underground site.

I have both Accurite and Davis stations not far away and the only measurement that seems to lag behind the more analog, high end wx stations is total rainfall.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Anonmet_GSO said:

I have both Accurite and Davis stations not far away and the only measurement that seems to lag behind the more analog, high end wx stations is total rainfall.

I noticed that I didn’t get a notification on some very light rain (0.01”) that came through this morning.  The Tempest’s temperature appears to be more accurate than the lower-end Accurite thermometer I had.

We just need some direct sunlight.  I’m at 2.45 volts because of this perpetual cloud cover.

I purchased the Tempest based upon your thread here.  I appreciate your suggestion.  Now we need some interesting weather to follow.  LOL.

• 9 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...