• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Severe Wx Threat July 13

Damage In Tolland

The drive back on I-84 was interesting last night. 
At around 5:30 I was heading out on the Eastbound side and it was literally only raining on the westbound lanes.  I could see the rain pouring down on the cars going westbound while I was dry in the eastbound lanes.  This lasted from exit 68 - Tolland to exit 69 -Willington. At the same time I could see the blackness lingering off to the north and east.  As soon as I got off of exit 69 I was hit with torrential downpours and I think some hail. 

Then I actually saw the end of the rainbow.  It ended (or began) right in the shrubs in front of a house off of route 74.  The arc was super low and went right over my car into this guy's yard.  I did not see a pot of gold so this must have been the beginning.

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Cold Miser said:

The drive back on I-84 was interesting last night. 
At around 5:30 I was heading out on the Eastbound side and it was literally only raining on the westbound lanes.  I could see the rain pouring down on the cars going westbound while I was dry in the eastbound lanes.  This lasted from exit 68 - Tolland to exit 69 -Willington. At the same time I could see the blackness lingering off to the north and east.  As soon as I got off of exit 69 I was hit with torrential downpours and I think some hail. 

Then I actually saw the end of the rainbow.  It ended (or began) right in the shrubs in front of a house off of route 74.  The arc was super low and went right over my car into this guy's yard.  I did not see a pot of gold so this must have been the beginning.

Matches everything I saw yesterday. My buddy on Tolland/Willy  line south of 84 had marbles and 2” of rain. Meanwhile me being 2 miles NW of 84 was grilling chicken with sun to the NW and huge bangs of thunder just SE. 

O4ZGGT0.jpg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CoastalWx said:

You might be in a decent spot.

I hope so because the vast majority of past severe storms have either completely avoided me or weakened considerably before hitting. Its like there is a protective dome of some sort covering my area. Haha

Heck in the past many severe storms have dissipated before reaching me just to reform to my south. :P