• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
July Heat Wave

6 minutes ago, vortmax said:

Looks like that troughiness is moving east and eventually bring us below normal at some point.

At this point i don't think anyone would mind a few days below normal. Today feels absolutely perfect outside. I will be getting plenty of works done around the house after work today in effort to minimize what I'll need to do this weekend when the heat moves in again

34 minutes ago, BuffaloWeather said:

As of today: 

AVERAGE MONTHLY: 78.2 

DPTR FM NORMAL: 7.4

Still 2 degrees above normal for the month. With the forecasted temps, it looks like we should set the record for warmest July on record. 

Would this also be the all time warmest month on record for Buffalo ? Or is there an August that averaged above 76.2? 

Every day this month at BUF has been at or above normal. Today will come in above, tomorrow could actually be close. Anyone know if BUF has ever run the table on a month with above normal temps?

Temps haven’t been too high the last couple weeks, but I’ve been impressed with how high the mins are staying. Every time I check the temps around 11pm BUF is still in the 78-80 range. Tropical.  

6 minutes ago, Buffalo Bumble said:

Every day this month at BUF has been at or above normal. Today will come in above, tomorrow could actually be close. Anyone know if BUF has ever run the table on a month with above normal temps?

Temps haven’t been too high the last couple weeks, but I’ve been impressed with how high the mins are staying. Every time I check the temps around 11pm BUF is still in the 78-80 range. Tropical.  

We had a high of 77 on the 13th. I'm not sure if that is above normal for the date. That day messed up the 80+ streak too.

https://w2.weather.gov/climate/getclimate.php?wfo=buf

Hit 85 yesterday and we have officially broken the record as the warmest month in the history of Buffalo. We didn't just beat the record, we destroyed it by +1.4 degrees. 

AVERAGE MONTHLY: 77.6 

DPTR FM NORMAL: 6.5

Top 10 warmest Julys

1	76.2	1921	
2	76.0	1955	
3	75.5	2012	
4	75.3	2011	
5	75.0	2005	
6	75.0	1887	
7	74.8	1988	
8	74.7	1916	
9	74.4	2018	
10	74.3	1999

Link to KBUF reporting for the month, just insane warmth end to end.

https://w2.weather.gov/climate/getclimate.php?wfo=buf

• Like 1