• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
July Heat Wave

38 minutes ago, BuffaloWeather said:

Definitely looks a little weaker. The one latter in the week looks better. Seems like the core of heat transfers to the midwest and we get slightly above average temps. Tough to be warmer then this heatwave as its the greatest in BUFs history. Not sure why they used that wordage. Yesterday was 2nd warmest temp ever. 

Are you mildly surprised we didn't meet excessive heat warning criteria yesterday?

19 minutes ago, ayuud11 said:

Yea we have a shot at going above 95F again today.

Mostly cloudy skies here and 93. If we can clear out I can see 95 but I really don’t see us going above that today. Too much cloud debris moving in from TS Fay and storms firing up out over Ontario. Hope you prove me wrong as the record is 95 today and would love to break it again on the final day of this heatwave! 

If I can get 1.5-2" of rain i won't have to scavenge any roof rain to get the pool refilled. On a well so using that isn't an option...

88F here, the high overcast clamping temps. KSYR at 89F and WU stations near it show low 90s so guessing KSYR will eke out another 90F high temp.

15 minutes ago, WesterlyWx said:

Mostly cloudy skies here and 93. If we can clear out I can see 95 but I really don’t see us going above that today. Too much cloud debris moving in from TS Fay and storms firing up out over Ontario. Hope you prove me wrong as the record is 95 today and would love to break it again on the final day of this heatwave! 

Crazy it hit 98 yesterday between 4-5 yesterday, pretty rare. 

4 minutes ago, BuffaloWeather said:
10 13:54 S 7 10.00 Partly Cloudy SCT055 SCT160 SCT210 SCT260 95 64 96 81 36% NA 97 29.81 1008.9  

96! 

Dewpoint at 64 

S winds at 7 mph

RH 36%

Full Sunshine

Do we make a run at 100!?!

I see 95 on that lol but Touché to you guys. Didn’t think we’d make it there with the mostly cloudy skies but it has cleared out somewhat and temps are sky rocketing. 

3 minutes ago, WesterlyWx said:

I see 95 on that lol but Touché to you guys. Didn’t think we’d make it there with the mostly cloudy skies but it has cleared out somewhat and temps are sky rocketing. 

Yea i just came from DT and it was 92F currently 97F at Cheektowaga with partly cloudy skies!

2 minutes ago, BuffaloWeather said:

Honestly this wasn't well forecasted. We knew it would get hot this time last week but temps approaching 100 were never in the discussion...period. This once in 25 to 50 year type heat and record breaking in longevity as well. I don't believe that was mentioned as a possibility either. I guess it's like that lake effect band that just magically stays put for hours only to be forecast several time to shift...

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Thinksnow18 said:

Honestly this wasn't well forecasted. We knew it would get hot this time last week but temps approaching 100 were never in the discussion...period. This once in 25 to 50 year type heat and record breaking in longevity as well. I don't believe that was mentioned as a possibility either. I guess it's like that lake effect band that just magically stays put for hours only to be forecast several time to shift...

Yeah, it was definitely in the models and forecasted. Just not to this degree. I wouldn't have expected this type of heat based on forecast either. Buffalo is never warm compared to surrounding areas. Just a perfect setup for heat here. Most intense heatwave we will likely experience for years. 

10 minutes ago, Thinksnow18 said:

So in the current one  link BW post a few posts ago has the airport 1 degree warmer at 1354 (1:54) during the same timeframe...99 today? We were at 96 at one point but have slipped to an ever refreshing 95...where are my sweatpants...

That link shows the hourly reports. The 6 hour max shows the timeframe in between those hours. 96 is highest so far today. It breaks record as warmest ever for this date. (95)

3 hours ago, BuffaloWeather said:

That link shows the hourly reports. The 6 hour max shows the timeframe in between those hours. 96 is highest so far today. It breaks record as warmest ever for this date. (95)

We officially hit 97 today! You guys were spot on. Crazy. 98 and 97 back to back days is incredible. By far and away the most impressive heatwave I’ve ever experienced and one that will likely stand as the most impressive for at least another generation. 

• Like 2

Sitting here at 88 deg at 915 pm. Thunderheads building all around but trapped beneath an immovable heat dome here in the northeast burbs of BUF.  No movement to the air, crickets, or whatever those bugs are, are chirping loudly, thinking it’s the end of August already. What an absolutely incredible stretch of heat we’ve had this week around BUF. Unrelenting and holding firm as a tropical cyclone swirls just to the east, which seems fitting. 

So Buffalo broke the all time 90+ day streak at 8. We set record highs the last 2 days at 98, and 97 which are 2 of the 4 highest temps ever recorded in history. The last 8 days the temps hit.

90, 90, 91, 94, 94, 92, 98, 97

This will likely be the most impressive stretch of heat for quite awhile. But who knows with the earth warming so quickly.

image.png.b9faf34b9f6724e22589e6aa90bed4e6.pngimage.png.eb0f7527d89e54f5f71ba6e9e6d47b8f.png

• Like 1