Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Mid July Heat Wave

Chicago Storm

15 minutes ago, Hoosier said:

Clouds definitely putting a bit of a dent in the temps today.  Some thinning/breaks evident in visible satellite moving into northern IL so we'll see if there can be a little mid-late afternoon bump.

Based on temps out west in IA and south in IL, 95 probably would have even been hard to accomplish at ORD.

Its been nice to have a good  ole fashion summer again..  Pretty meh heat but consistent of late.. sad thought. 3 months from now we'll be starting to lose leaves off a few tree's, and Snow chances will be increasing to the north. 

87/77 at KMKE.  Gonna be tough to deny a high of 90.

• Like 1

I prefer 90/80 over 100/60.  High dew is more interesting than high temp.  I don't want to spend all day in the sauna, but I do like to go outside once in a while to warm up.  An 80º dew feels good for 5-10 minutes.

I still remember the day in 1995 when Cedar Rapids hit 100º with an 86º dew (heat index 131º).

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Powerball said:

Welp, 90*F isn't going to happen today.

This heatwave definitely fell way short of expectations locally, no doubt.

Indeed, the weekend flux northward for northern areas definitely fell short in terms of temps...Though high DP's and high HI's did pan out yesterday.

Areas further south, from last week through this upcoming week,  will be the winners this go around.

6 minutes ago, Chicago Storm said:

Indeed, the weekend flux northward for northern areas definitely fell short in terms of temps...Though high DP's and high HI's did pan out yesterday.

Areas further south, from last week through this upcoming week,  will be the winners this go around.

one day like yesterday was enough. Not the kind of heat I enjoy. 

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Baum said:

one day like yesterday was enough. Not the kind of heat I enjoy. 

Yesterday was great.

Should also point out there is high agreement on another flux northward of the heat for next weekend...That's still a week out through obviously.

• Like 1