Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Tropical Storm Fay

wdrag

14 minutes ago, bluewave said:

Yeah, record rainfall for JFK.

TODAY            2.25R     

and 45 mph highest gust at JFK?

Also, I dont know if this is something you have access to but do you have any idea what the rainfall amt was that JFK recorded in Bertha in July 1996 as well as the highest wind gusts?  I recall Babylon had gusts over 70 mph to just above hurricane force, but I dont remember what the rest of the area had.

5 minutes ago, Animal said:

Just going to say it.

i have an official rain tube that I paid $37 plus shipping used by Rutgers.

lots of shady back yard rain guages.

PWS gages can suffer from undercatch in windy conditions and or when not properly exposed... Also I've seen gages that weren't secured properly so they swayed or vibrated in the wind causing readings too high.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, NJwx85 said:

Your location worked to your disadvantage as the heaviest bands didn’t quite make it that far into interior NNJ.

Understood 

people always question my snow totals in winter....I question rain.

from what I see. My Davis I took down months ago  was good.  Tube I bought for that coohr stuff is awsome.

radar estimate are typically wrong with Mt Holly. You don’t see rain....as in snow.

sold my house & gf & wife moving to Portland Maine.

my point is get a reputable rain guage.

• Like 1

On Fay early reference per earlier inquiry: FAY as a storm was mentioned I think on Monday or Tuesday, helpful tropical references to todays event were made by Bluewave on the 4th and others on Sunday the 5th. All good.

Wantage NJ at least 1.58 so far since about 11AM, most of it after Noon-a 6 hour total. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, LibertyBell said:

I was disappointed that no one was awake at midnight or later last night to post the GFS and Euro.  That will be happening before we know it lol.

Are you calling me nobody, lol?  I did post a summary of everything around 4 am - didn't post before that since there was no activity...

• Like 1

1 minute ago, RU848789 said:

Are you calling me nobody, lol?  I did post a summary of everything around 4 am - didn't post before that since there was no activity...

lol no.  I appreciated seeing your post when I woke up, but I went to sleep around 1 am and at that time it was really quiet in here.  I figured if no one was awake for the GFS no one would be awake for the Euro either.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Animal said:

Understood 

people always question my snow totals in winter....I question rain.

from what I see. My Davis I took down months ago  was good.  Tube I bought for that coohr stuff is awsome.

radar estimate are typically wrong with Mt Holly. You don’t see rain....as in snow.

sold my house & gf & wife moving to Portland Maine.

my point is get a reputable rain guage.

What? You living the dream? GF and wife?

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, sferic said:

1.64 inches in Lynbrook NY ( SW Nassau county)

.54 inches in Liberty NY

I wonder if I will be adding to Lynbrook numbers as radar to South looks paltry and sun in making an appearance

Disappointment would be an understatement here  40 min to your NW. Couple bands of moderate rain and done. 1 more to go. Was hoping for a wild beaverkill tomorrow.