Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Tropical Storm Fay

wdrag

9 minutes ago, Will - Rutgers said:

@winterwx21 @Stormlover74 guess we aren't getting missed today boys lmao

Getting straight pasted.  Typical ebb and flow tropical storming.  When it kicks up it's fairly impressive.

Yeah, it has been coming down in buckets. We're up to 2.5" of rain and some flooding is happening. Looks as if the worst of the rain is over now, but there still should be a few more downpours to get us over 3 inches of rain. I'm very happy that I won't have to water the garden for awhile.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, David-LI said:

Was expecting more here in Nassau County. This does not look like a TS at least where I live.

I think the winds in firehouse *to the east of the center might pack somewhat of a punch....I'm expecting it to come in waves.  As is usual with tropical systems up here though, the heaviest rains are on the western side.

3 minutes ago, Brian5671 said:

that firehose will shift north and give eastern sections some rains, but nothing crazy an inch or less....big prize went to Eastern PA/NJ

I wouldn’t say that, that band has some very heavy tropical rain embedded with off the charts rates. The stuff over eastern Pa is more stratiform type rain with lighter rates. If you get into the band for a while you can quickly add up some decent totals.