Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Tropical Storm Fay

wdrag

18 minutes ago, psv88 said:

Damn. Not good for LI. Probably some gusts close to hurricane force on the eastern quadrant. 

I doubt anyone will see that except the immediate beaches at most. I would say in the populated areas, maybe gusts to 60 in a couple of spots. The sustained 60 is over open water.

4 minutes ago, eyewall said:

I doubt anyone will see that except the immediate beaches at most. I would say in the populated areas, maybe gusts to 60 in a couple of spots. The sustained 60 is over open water.

Agreed, I could see JFK gusting to 50. The cough shore barrier islands to 60 with a direct onshore flow off the ocean. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Brian5671 said:

someone noted yesterday the storm would be ventilated by the incoming trough over the OV.   Maybe that's the case for strengthening despite it being over borderline water temps

That was me.

I think it's more the fact that it's in a very good upper air environment. Normally at this latitude you have the Westerlies picking at it and a strong trough inflicting shear. This really is an anomalous storm.

wg8sht.GIF

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, eyewall said:

I'm in Long Beach about a block from the ocean. This afternoon should be interesting...

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, eyewall said:

Some of the higher elevations in interior NJ and SE NY could see some stronger winds than expected.

22 minutes ago, eyewall said:

Gusts to 50 can still do some damage to fully leafed out trees. Obviously we wont see sustained to 60 over land, but gusts to 50 a few miles inland on the island will result on power outages.