Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
TS Fay - Drought ending Rains and Severe Convection

weatherwiz

2 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

I’m all about high dews. You know that . You keep your 90 , I’ll keep my 72-76

Yeah you can have that. You just said BDL had caught up to NNE in 90s so I just wanted to post evidence that it hasn’t happened yet...unless you want to compare BDL to the picnic tables which is like the 92 dream team against Angola. Although by the end of the month I’m sure BDL will regain the lead. 

3 minutes ago, WxWatcher007 said:

Give me 105/60. Big heat. 

This 86/72 garbage does jack squat for me. 

Just look at the official F6 climo forms...not a reference to dews can be found. Even beaten out by monthy pressure extremes and avg cloud coverage. 

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, PhineasC said:

Hot summers mean cold winters, right? Right!? :( 

Just wait.  Even the worst winter there will destroy your 2009-10 in mid-Atlantic.  

You'll start to look at the models differently too.  Most folks write-off those QPF panels of like 0.01-0.09”/6-hourly lightest shade of green crap on a model graphic, but you don’t anymore.  Those are wintry days with flakes flying for hours.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, WxWatcher007 said:

Sometimes you just have to shoot your shot. Sadly, 1938 didn’t walk through the door this time.

I guess we can go back to non-yawn worthy topics now. 

I for one am looking forward to returning to the main thread and reading riveting posts such as:

“Low 70s here“

“It may be time to install”

“The OP GGEM post hour 120 was MCS/Derecho city”

“Are we still getting the Six-Day heatwave?”

and my personal favorite 

“Special summer in progress, Yore”

Yore, indeed. 

yeah, is odd how they enjoy that over at least some meteorology to track, even if we did not get hit.. was interesting to me.. 

with that said, not sure I've even reached 0.05 yet .. lol

1 hour ago, CoastalWx said:

Winni is about as warm as you'll ever see this early. We AGW.

Newfound Lake is at the warmest I have ever seen it.   We have a guy that records the lake temperature and clarity weekly for the Newfound Lake Association.  Yesterday he recorded 82.2F at the surface.  Wow

7/9/20 - Newfound Lake Monitoring results taken by Loon Island. Surface water temperature 82.2F, at 9.8' it was 79.2F and at 34.4' it was 51.8F. Secchi Disc visible to 31.7' Water temp is 70+F down to 16.4

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Bostonseminole said:

yeah, is odd how they enjoy that over at least some meteorology to track, even if we did not get hit.. was interesting to me.. 

with that said, not sure I've even reached 0.05 yet .. lol

Yea. It was something track worthy at least.

The track over NJ and W of NYC will pan out. I thought this was a weak/bad forecast by the NHC and NWS offices. The flood and TS warnings NE of NYC was uncalled for but not many will mind or notice.

17 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

Yea. It was something track worthy at least.

The track over NJ and W of NYC will pan out. I thought this was a weak/bad forecast by the NHC and NWS offices. The flood and TS warnings NE of NYC was uncalled for but not many will mind or notice.

Then I see shit like this. People will see this and think we’re gonna get a major storm locally and we’ll be lucky to see gusts 1/3 of that and maybe 1/3-1/2” of rain.

https://www.tauntongazette.com/news/20200710/tropical-storm-fay-forecast-to-bring-up-to-2-of-rain-40-60-mph-gusts-to-area

13 minutes ago, Baroclinic Zone said:

Then I see shit like this. People will see this and think we’re gonna get a major storm locally and we’ll be lucky to see gusts 1/3 of that and maybe 1/3-1/2” of rain.

https://www.tauntongazette.com/news/20200710/tropical-storm-fay-forecast-to-bring-up-to-2-of-rain-40-60-mph-gusts-to-area

Accuweather.........