Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
TS Fay - Drought ending Rains and Severe Convection

weatherwiz

2 minutes ago, dendrite said:

Most models seem to strengthen some of the bands overnight as they pass through our region...haven’t looked at a lot, but the NAM has a weak midlevel jet moving north through ENE as the system starts opening up. I’m not sure if that’s part of the trigger or not.

18z 3k and 12k pretty skinny on precip over here, 0.2-0.30 qpf, Fine by me.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, dendrite said:

Most models seem to strengthen some of the bands overnight as they pass through our region...haven’t looked at a lot, but the NAM has a weak midlevel jet moving north through ENE as the system starts opening up. I’m not sure if that’s part of the trigger or not.

I should've waited for the 18z run for the NAM to toss that idea.

• Haha 2

While this will surely end up meh, there is a certain appeal to it here. Beyond the tropical dews, the clouds are dark and heavy and racing towards the northwest. We get occasional burst of those small droplet showers that are so typical of tropical systems. I dunno. I'm enjoying it for the minor novelty it is. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, dryslot said:

Which bake?  :lol:, Nope, Decided yesterday it was a go, That was the drop dead window for the seafood, Heading down first thing in the morning to give my bro a hand getting set up.

Thank God.  We've read enough posts about it I'm surprised none of us are invited 

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

18 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

"Fay" a naked swirl devoid of precip and winds in the 30s makes LF in Central NJ

That’s what happens with a slow moving pure tropical system over cool waters in the Northeast.  Convection all dissipated once it moved north of the Gulf Stream

Just now, qg_omega said:

That’s what happens with a slow moving pure tropical system over cool waters in the Northeast.  Convection all dissipated once it moved north of the Gulf Stream

As we discussed last night, continental dry air, colder waters and poof to convection over the center. Still in the outer band in convection you can get a gust to 45 on the open ocean facing airports and heavy rain, but the 5 and 6 inch rains with gusts to 60 boat sailed all the way to Tolland

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, WxWatcher007 said:

Sometimes you just have to shoot your shot. Sadly, 1938 didn’t walk through the door this time.

I guess we can go back to non-yawn worthy topics now. 

I for one am looking forward to returning to the main thread and reading riveting posts such as:

“Low 70s here“

“It may be time to install”

“The OP GGEM post hour 120 was MCS/Derecho city”

“Are we still getting the Six-Day heatwave?”

and my personal favorite 

“Special summer in progress, Yore”

Yore, indeed. 

Decent melt

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, WxWatcher007 said:

Hey man if we’re gonna go down we might as well have fun with it. I just hope the debbies keep this same yawn energy when they want to pitch a tent in the middle of January over a 06z Euro run showing a shredded shortwave possibly dropping 1-2” of snow. 

At least I had a chance to test out my new GoPro today. Guess I’ll need to wait until September to use it in some legit tropical. I don’t think I’d be able to resist the urge to chase. 

Cool camera

10 minutes ago, Dr. Dews said:

you have zero understanding of the dynamics at play in this subforum and your post showed it.

What the heck did psv do?  Lol some of you show so much anger.  Looks like an interesting weather afternoon around NYC/Long Island.  Hoth in CT seemed to enjoy it too.  

Man this stuff can be brutal to read, unless I’m missing some past history.  

I’d go for a rainy afternoon with some breeze.