Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
TS Fay - Drought ending Rains and Severe Convection

weatherwiz

3 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

Fantastic read thank you. In 1993 as a grad student I published a paper on the effects of forest ecology from Hurricanes. I used the Harvard Forest extensively. Good stuff

You're welcome.  I had not seen that particular article before but have seen similar info in a couple of books "Reading the Forested Landscape" and similar treatises on the history of Vermont's forests.  I thing David Ludlum's Vermont weather book also goes into the impacts of 38.  I will have to dig it up for a read.

Euro is 1003, highest wind I see is 42 mph 100 miles east of the center over the open ocean.  Once the circulation ingests continental air off the Midatalantic land and hits cooler waters this will be a heavy rain storm with some embedded gusts to 40 on the coast 25 to 30 inland. 

20200709_181200.jpg

• Like 3
  • Confused 2

Just now, Damage In Tolland said:

Gonna be some surprise posters based on tinight. Envision a lot of “ wow, I had no idea winds inland would be this strong” and .. “ wish I had filled my bathtub” and “ whoa, the spinner tossed my abandoned tires into the pool” 

For the toaster?

• Haha 9

28 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Gonna be some surprise posters based on tonght. Envision a lot of “ wow, I had no idea winds inland would be this strong” and .. “ wish I had filled my bathtub” and “ whoa, the spinner tossed the abandoned tires into the pool” 

Only surprised poster will be the one looking at 20 mph winds with a burst of heavy rain

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, DotRat_Wx said:

Delete this thread it should go 

5 minutes ago, Bostonseminole said:

you guys can go post in the golf thread, some of us enjoy any kind of weather in the summer other than boring dew talk.

A weak TS hundreds of miles too far west is basically a dew factory, and not much else