Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
TS Fay - Drought ending Rains and Severe Convection

weatherwiz

16 minutes ago, ineedsnow said:

I wouldn't  want to be on the coast for it but for here I would say bring it!

Nope, I worked Michael in the FL Pan Handle two years ago and it was like a 150 wide tornado; New England with a 2 would be very bad considering the tree growth since Bob

10 minutes ago, Dr. Dews said:

many hilltops gusted 100+ I bet. I had a nice picture book from '39 in NH, tons of damage in your area to CON

A couple of the original COOP forms from around here...Franklin and Lakeport. We took some down.

franklin38.png

lakeport38.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, wxeyeNH said:

Question about PRE's.   Do they only occur with stronger systems or could a band of convective showers break out earlier than forecasted?

They just need deep tropical convection to sustain them, so TC strength isn't a necessary factor. 

With this event I would personally like to see a better upper jet to really get that moisture transport going.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, weatherwiz said:

The higher helicity I think is more of a product of the stronger llvl flow rather than turning of the winds in the lower levels. However, storm moving may be slightly angled compared to the mean flow so that could certainly enhance rotation potential. Regardless, I don't think instability in the lowest lvls is going to be sufficient enough. 

That's the key, and why I'd watch the coast near NJ if it tucks just inland. Could be enough 0-3 km CAPE to get it done, but timing doesn't look great for New England.

5 minutes ago, OceanStWx said:

That's the key, and why I'd watch the coast near NJ if it tucks just inland. Could be enough 0-3 km CAPE to get it done, but timing doesn't look great for New England.

Saturday looks looks rather intriguing to me...in fact, there are some signals we could see some serious dewpoint pooling. Could see dews maybe 75-77. 

• Weenie 1