• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
TS Fay - Drought ending Rains and Severe Convection

weatherwiz

Heaviest rain should be near and NW of circulation, so my guess is NJ-NYC-western New England. To the east, some gusty winds and maybe an iso tor threat where wind fields are best. But you won't get a ton of rain in that region. Ukie looks like an outlier for now.

1 hour ago, Cyclone-68 said:

Has SNE ever experienced a tropical system to evolve in this sort of set up? (ie cross the eastern gulf into the Carolinas then go offshore and redevelop?

1 hour ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Many 

I'm thinking this is early in the year though-often see it Sept/Oct

I wasn't sure what thread to put this in.  This photo was taken this afternoon on Newfound Lake.  My house would be on the hill to the left of the photo.  This is looking south south east.  It was posted on facebook saying she thought it was a waterspout on Newfound Lake.  I recorded a quick .45" just after this photo was taken but had no wind and the storm produced only a couple of lightning strikes.  I think this is just a thin rain shaft.  The storm was moving to the east and you can see the shaft line is quicker up at cloud height.  Any thoughts?  

spout.jpg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CoastalWx said:

You’d have to probably see a video because it’s hard to tell on a still photo. It is interesting, but it seems like a rain shaft perhaps.

Pretty tight definition on it for a rain shaft.  Plus would rain shafts generally  have that sharp of a curvature?