Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Summer 2020 Banter and random observations

Baroclinic Zone

Just now, CoastalWx said:

I’m happy with miller lite on a hot Friday night. 

I honestly don't know if I've ever had a Miller Lite.  Our college beer was Molson... we wished we were Canadian, ha watching "Hockey Night in Canada" on channel 11 out of Montreal while at UVM.  Coors was another popular one... but never Miller.

2 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

I’m happy with miller lite on a hot Friday night. 

Last year I brought a six pack of Coors Banquet  into the brewery.  Everybody rolled their eyes except our head brewer at the time and he took three good pulls off a glass and said “Like it or not that is a perfectly executed Beer.“

• Like 1

2 hours ago, WxWatcher007 said:

Yeah. ACE is the way to go because of storms like Gonzalo lol. CSU is expecting 8 more hurricanes, 5 of which are major, and 200 ACE. We’re actually well ahead climo normals for this point in the season with Hanna and Isaias leading. Not saying much because ACE really increases post Aug 20.

ACE should come around to impress too.  

It’s really down globally too. People focused on half ass storms in the Atlantic, but nobody talks about how low it is globally. 

• Like 1

Just now, powderfreak said:

I honestly don't know if I've ever had a Miller Lite.  Our college beer was Molson... we wished we were Canadian, ha watching "Hockey Night in Canada" on channel 11 out of Montreal while at UVM.  Coors was another popular one... but never Miller.

Miller High Life tho’.  The champagne of beers...
:D

1 minute ago, powderfreak said:

That was what I always had. Molson was good too. I’m just not huge on heavy beer in a hot day. Would rather rip back 3 millers in an hour. Maybe 4. :lol: 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, powderfreak said:

I love Miller Lite. Although I can't remember the last time I had one. I hardly ever drink anymore and when I do I can barely even finish a drink. But too me, it has the most flavor out of Bud Lite and Coors Lite. I first started drinking when I was 19/20 and I hated the taste of alcohol...couldn't stand it but I tried Miller Lite and I seemed to not hate it so I fell in love with it. That and 40's of Steel Reserve were my drinks of choice watching hockey games. But I retired from 40's of Steel Reserve December 13, 2018. ughhh 40's of Steel Reserve were the best thing ever 

3 hours ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

Fresh Heady and Focal Banger all over Greenfield today!!!
VT sales must be slow lol! 

They haven't been delivering to SVT for that long..maybe less than a year in would say? I actually saw an end case in Shaws that had it on sale few months ago, so not exactly flying off the shelves. 

I think like you mentioned in another post, maybe my palate has changed, but there are many other IPA/DIPA offerings that I enjoy more that are delivered locally.

• Like 1

I figured this was a much better thread to continue the beer discussion in.

I’m just having fun talking about beer with folks, you like what you like and it’s all good if you’re supporting local breweries and they make a product you like. 
Although not always involved in a professional sense, I have had the good fortune of being connected to the New England brewing revival since 1990.

I became more involved as an actual livelihood about seven or eight years ago.  Just to be clear, outside of your right beet right time Brewery’s, rarely do small or mid-size players get rich with beer.  Wr do it for the love of the art and free beer. Plus it’s really cool when people ask what you do. 
Enjoy whatever beer you like but it is important to try all styles to make sure you’re not missing something.

Reading about styles is also very important to understand what you like or don’t like and why. Randy Moshers “Tasting Beer” is a must read!  A true connoisseur, brightly explaining beer in layman terms. 

Disclaimer: I can, on occasion, be a very cranky beer critic.  Style is style and you strive to get it right!  Keep practicing if you don’t.  The absolute worst quality in a Brewer is not accepting  constructive criticism.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

Hippie, are you still with PP?  I know you had been talking about trying someplace new

Yeah, I had a foot out the door but our head brewer left, I’m tight with Jess,  our new brewer and we are going to rock out some good beers.

I like our current team (4 of us lol) and my wife pointed out I am lucky to have a job I like in this climate.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, powderfreak said:

Nice, ORH.  

My wildlife includes accidentally leaving a can of Pringle’s by the pool this evening when the wife and I sat out for a drink.  A friend was dropping something off so we ran inside for a bit. 

I came back out a half hour later to clean up and the Pringle’s are gone.  No where to be found but I notice a paw print on the table.  Looking around I find the container along the woodline... damn bear stole them in the half hour we were chatting on the other side of the building!

300624C4-0AFE-4150-95A4-BE90535555EE.jpeg.79e824bee0d2a71a3a4f90a248a3c7e8.jpeg

Was the buzz worth it?

• Haha 2

25 minutes ago, OceanStWx said:

I did some disaster training with CMP a while back and they talked about the process. They get to call on favors and grab crews outside the "danger zone" and some of those are better than others. Sometimes they just opt to not have outside crews come in. Or grab them from Quebec (of course that's a COVID complication now).

Lotta Molsons in college. The old 55 pack "keg" was always welcomed in my dorm room.

We used to get these with Genesee.  I think it was just regular not the cream ale.

beer ball.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Weenie 1

13 hours ago, NorEastermass128 said:

Nobody would fault you if you checked out as we move toward the indoor cool weather seasons. You’ve done your time and we all are thankful for your service.  

Thank you!   I decided to put the papers in....out on 9/30/2020.   Several interesting gigs await...maybe taking up 2 days a week.   Looking forward to the next chapter.

• Like 11

8 hours ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

I’m just having fun talking about beer with folks, you like what you like and it’s all good if you’re supporting local breweries and they make a product you like. 
Although not always involved in a professional sense, I have had the good fortune of being connected to the New England brewing revival since 1990.

I became more involved as an actual livelihood about seven or eight years ago.  Just to be clear, outside of your right beet right time Brewery’s, rarely do small or mid-size players get rich with beer.  Wr do it for the love of the art and free beer. Plus it’s really cool when people ask what you do. 
Enjoy whatever beer you like but it is important to try all styles to make sure you’re not missing something.

Reading about styles is also very important to understand what you like or don’t like and why. Randy Moshers “Tasting Beer” is a must read!  A true connoisseur, brightly explaining beer in layman terms. 

Disclaimer: I can, on occasion, be a very cranky beer critic.  Style is style and you strive to get it right!  Keep practicing if you don’t.  The absolute worst quality in a Brewer is not accepting  constructive criticism.

um Beer!

9 hours ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

We shall talk beer.  Love it!  Also, have a friend as the owner of a small brewery is cool.  Our tastes definitely morph over time.  Currently I prefer my beers hoppy.  I appreciate all styles though.

17 hours ago, dryslot said:

@tamarack, Have these on my pin oaks, Do you know what they are?

4F92DEDA-5670-4A40-A3B7-759E1750C5D3.jpeg

Those are Great North Woods Murder Cicadas.  They emerge every 17 years and have been known to each through screen windows in their prey.  They prefer to feed on roadkill, meterologists and small dogs.  In 1952, the sky darkened over Buxton and they were seen devouring a cocker spaniel in less that 4 minutes, leaving behind only its collar.  RIP Whiskey.

• Haha 2