Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Summer 2020 Banter and random observations

Baroclinic Zone

6 hours ago, kdxken said:

Ha, they were going down long before the pandemic. 

edit: I don’t mean that in a mean way,  it’s just that they have been struggling for a while.  
Information travels fast in the craft beer world. We thought they were done a year ago. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

edit: I don’t mean that in a mean way,  it’s just that they have been struggling for a while.  
Information travels fast in the craft beer world. We thought they were done a year ago. 

Yeah the pandemic has driven a stake through a lot of zombies. 

33 minutes ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

It wasn't surprising, It was surprising they lasted as long as they did considering the competition and their location.

57 minutes ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

Fresh Heady and Focal Banger all over Greenfield today!!!
VT sales must be slow lol! 

Just saw that they are distributing to Mass now, trying to figure out how I can leave work and take a little 3 hour round trip to resupply my fridge now that power is back.

Nice, ORH.  

My wildlife includes accidentally leaving a can of Pringle’s by the pool this evening when the wife and I sat out for a drink.  A friend was dropping something off so we ran inside for a bit. 

I came back out a half hour later to clean up and the Pringle’s are gone.  No where to be found but I notice a paw print on the table.  Looking around I find the container along the woodline... damn bear stole them in the half hour we were chatting on the other side of the building!

300624C4-0AFE-4150-95A4-BE90535555EE.jpeg.79e824bee0d2a71a3a4f90a248a3c7e8.jpeg

• Haha 1

Marty walsh apparently sent a cease and desist to a Boston harbor cruise company, that allegedly was operating at 1/3 capacity because he didn’t like the way the pictures looked with the amount of people. 

Apparently we have reached the politicians doing literally whatever they want when they want portion of the pandemic.

Just now, Damage In Tolland said:

The quality has degraded to the point where it’s not drinkable. FOcal is decent, but I wouldn’t purposely seek it out 

It's time has passed.  Focal would be my choice between the two as well.

Ten Bends' Cream Puff War is the new "big" thing around here.  It is pretty damn tasty.

• Like 1

Just now, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

Marty walsh apparently sent a cease and desist to a Boston harbor cruise company, that allegedly was operating at 1/3 capacity because he didn’t like the way the pictures looked with the amount of people.

Apparently we have reached the politicians doing literally whatever they want when they want portion of the pandemic.

We've been at that stage since the beginning.  They do what they want or they don't do anything.  Either way they get roasted for it by some and praised by others.

11 minutes ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

I'm torn.  

I'm all for businesses being able to operate and for their owners/employees to earn a living.  However, that needs to be balanced with the general welfare of the public.  It's a delicate balance act - not one that I would want to do.  If a group of people do something stupid, that's their prerogative - usually.  Now, when people do stupid things, it has the potential to affect each and every one of us.  I don't know much more beyond that picture of the cruise with all of the passengers cramped together on the top deck.  At the very least, the company should have known that that image would generate bad PR.  Now it suffers the consequences of that oversight.

5 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

We've been at that stage since the beginning.  They do what they want or they don't do anything.  Either way they get roasted for it by some and praised by others.

Exactly.  It's a lose-lose for them.  Locally, I think most public leaders have done a very good job, given the tough decisions to be made.  

58 minutes ago, OceanStWx said:

Just saw that they are distributing to Mass now, trying to figure out how I can leave work and take a little 3 hour round trip to resupply my fridge now that power is back.

56 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Heady is no good. Pass 

53 minutes ago, OceanStWx said:

Always the contrarian. I did notice when I was searching for the nearest location on untapped that you rated it the same as the global average for Coors. 

7 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

The quality has degraded to the point where it’s not drinkable. FOcal is decent, but I wouldn’t purposely seek it out 

6 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

It's time has passed.  Focal would be my choice between the two as well.

Ten Bends' Cream Puff War is the new "big" thing around here.  It is pretty damn tasty.

I’ll choose other brews over these 2 now.  There are so many more better options to choose from nowadays.  I don’t always agree with Rev but this is one time I do. Now back to your regularly scheduled damage discussion.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

You saw the photo, no one was following social distancing guidelines and the crew was not enforcing them.  Passengers were all crammed top deck.  They should be penalized for that.  

• Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Nice, ORH.  

My wildlife includes accidentally leaving a can of Pringle’s by the pool this evening when the wife and I sat out for a drink.  A friend was dropping something off so we ran inside for a bit. 

I came back out a half hour later to clean up and the Pringle’s are gone.  No where to be found but I notice a paw print on the table.  Looking around I find the container along the woodline... damn bear stole them in the half hour we were chatting on the other side of the building!

300624C4-0AFE-4150-95A4-BE90535555EE.jpeg.79e824bee0d2a71a3a4f90a248a3c7e8.jpeg

Ah, the best Pringles flavor.

1 hour ago, OceanStWx said:

Honestly, at that point you are only four hours from their actual brewery,  where you can get about 6-10 different types of cans! 

2 minutes ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

Honestly, at that point you are only four hours from their actual brewery,  where you can get about 6-10 different types of cans! 

Well that's an 8 hour round trip. But yes, I could do some damage in VT that doesn't involve taking the power out for a week.

4 minutes ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

Sorry, as somebody with professional brewing and beer judging experience, Alchemist and Lawson’s still outrank most of the current  fanboy haze darlings.  
Both  of those breweries can also make damn good Pilsner’s and lager quality is often a measure of a brewer’s skill level. 

Lawson's contract brews at least some of their stuff with Two Roads in Stratford.

17 minutes ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

Sorry, as somebody with professional brewing and beer judging experience, Alchemist and Lawson’s still outrank most of the current  fanboy haze darlings.  
Both  of those breweries can also make damn good Pilsner’s and lager quality is often a measure of a brewer’s skill level. 

Do not agree. Both of those are distributed and have severely degraded. I would never seek those breweries out . I’d drink then if they were offered, but there’s probably hundreds if not thousands that are better 

13 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Do not agree. Both of those are distributed and have severely degraded. I would never seek those breweries out . I’d drink then if they were offered, but there’s probably hundreds if not thousands that are better 

Kevin, unless there’s a seachange at a brewery, the beers don’t change but our beer palates do. 
in a few years you might be singing the praises of a quality Pilsner. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

I still prefer Lawsons... Sip of Sunshine line has stayed solid.  I just think others have expanded on that taste, but it was an original and certainly gets the job done.

• Like 1