Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Summer 2020 Banter and random observations

Baroclinic Zone

19 minutes ago, Baroclinic Zone said:

Looks like Taunton plan is to go fully remote for the 1st couple months and then they’ll split the alphabet and students will go class 2 days a week depending upon last name and do remote the other 3 days.

They are also mandating all students have a Chromebook as there are apps specific to the platform that they will be using.  Distribution to those who don’t already have one will be next week.

We are not alone....

Pentagon Has ‘Off-World Vehicles Not Made on This Earth’

Bombshell: The government’s once-clandestine UFO program will reveal findings on unexplained materials and crashes.

https://www.popularmechanics.com/military/research/a33413777/pentagon-ufo-program-materials-vehicles/

• Like 1

10 hours ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

We are 18+ months away from any sense of normalcy, especially when factoring in societal impact, economic impact etc.

I’ve been discussing that probability with my family and friends and neighbors, just to be mentally prepared. 

For sure, this will be a marathon.  

Regarding a vaccine, I imagine a lot of folks will be skeptical of putting something in their body when the long term effects aren't understood.   If youre under 60 with no known health issues, are you rushing to sign up for a vaccine?

I guess the question is:  Which risk are you more comfortable taking?

2 hours ago, BrianW said:

We are not alone....

Pentagon Has ‘Off-World Vehicles Not Made on This Earth’

Bombshell: The government’s once-clandestine UFO program will reveal findings on unexplained materials and crashes.

https://www.popularmechanics.com/military/research/a33413777/pentagon-ufo-program-materials-vehicles/

Have you ever listened to the Bob Lazar interviews?  
My cousin’s first husband worked at  at Nellis AFB.  He had some interesting stories after you got a few beers in him. 

2 hours ago, BrianW said:

The New York Times has been publishing a bunch of teaser articles. Supposedly they are going to drop a bombshell story soon. 

Hopefully it'll be more exciting than the WaPo's most recent bombshell before the bombshell about a creepy football announcer 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

14 hours ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

Hopefully a safe vaccine can come out soon.  Going to be a rough time. Lots of people will die from this, economy will continue to suffer, education will take a hit. 
I do think of those three the education part will be the easiest to recover from. 

We took a bike trip out in Hadley/Amherst today. Close to 20 miles. I’ve never done that before.  Awesome day.  Loaded up on stuff at a place called Maple Farms. Made a huge charcuterie board.  I’m going to explode

Say our trip to The Andrea next week looks not so good 

Maple Foods is my main lunch spot these days.  Great smorgasboard esp in normal times.  Glad you got a good day in.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, BrianW said:

The New York Times has been publishing a bunch of teaser articles. Supposedly they are going to drop a bombshell story soon. 

If “they” are here,  they have probably been here for a long time.  
I wonder how many people would even be shocked by some type of extra terrestrial disclosure from the government? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

If “they” are here,  they have probably been here for a long time.  
I wonder how many people would even be shocked by some type of extra terrestrial disclosure from the government? 

In 2020? Not at all. People would just shrug at this point. Why would aliens even be wasting time here right now?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1