Total Members
    Most Online
    Dano62
    Newest Member
    Dano62
Summer 2020 Banter and random observations

Baroclinic Zone

They would have been better off if they had conceptualized, 

"...With the unexpected summer-season surging COVID-19 new cases being observed throughout the nation, primarily outside of the six-state New England, NY and NJ region(s), we have determined that the safest course of action is to limit travel as much as possible outside of our region of the country.  " 

At least it would not be insultingly dimwitted - that product ...seemingly attempting to tap into the instinctual blood-red comes off as divisively fear-mongering and heavy handed - almost regime-like verboten in every sense of "Gestapoen" (Gestapo) rule - 'don't go there or else!' ....  

I suspect they are just short-sighted and over stressed ...but that's almost comical

21 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Can’t go down with 3 barrels....not with 3 barrels he can’t!!!!

lol, Unless there's landsharks, I'll be on Sebago this weekend with a pontoon boat full of friends, The only things i have to worry about is keeping everyone safe, And the Game Warden.

12 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Forever known relating to the awful club fire in RI back in 2003. :( 

Didn’t they more recently play a show that ended up in a bunch of new Covid cases?
I knew a woman who died in that Rhode Island fire. Single mom, her family sued the shit out of the club the band and Budweiser who sponsored it. 

2 minutes ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

Didn’t they more recently play a show that ended up in a bunch of new Covid cases?
I knew a woman who died in that Rhode Island fire. Single mom, her family sued the shit out of the club the band and Budweiser who sponsored it. 

It’s actually a different band with the same name I think.  
Not sure if any Covid cases came out of it. The show was in North Dakota and no social distancing or masks. 

• Sad 1

Hope to go to the beach this weekend. 
Went to Nauset Light Beach yesterday afternoon near high tide. Ten feet from shore we were up to our waist. Seals were about 15 to 20 feet past that. Never turned our back to the ocean. Lovely evening. Stayed until 8 and it was more crowded than when we arrived.

Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk

7 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

I never swim in the ocean. Not a fan. I go in to about knee deep, at best. I like pools. 

Yeah...I'd much rather submerge in a volume of water displaced only by my self and another human being's ass juices....  

F' that ..I'll take my chances in the ocean and just not swim with the Darwinian brilliant insight of seal populations where messy eating is a veritable water chumming experiment -

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Typhoon Tip said:

Conspiracy theorists dabble in plausibilities while negating the probabilities - and that's what suspends their disbelief ... psycho babble feeds back, viola!  they're out to get us -   

But, the Gov of Mass is not helping when they put out products that look like this.  Yet, under the auspices of where are the 'low risk states' vs 'high risk states'  ?

This looks like a child did this - anything that's not us.  Almost smacks like we're all just a bunch of beef-witted plebeians that are too stupid to "get it" so just "tell 'em not to go anywhere"

I don't know if this is lazy or swamped ...probably the latter, but this really needs some sort of qualitative refinement .. It looks like a tongue-in-cheek prop behind "Weekend Update" on SNL.   This makes no logical sense - they're doing rolling percentages and some other explanatory method that doesn't really fit "reality" ... Massachusetts ( for example...) has a population of just over 6.8 million, and a caseload that brings to ~0.4% of the population, and Alaska has a caseload to pop ratio that comes to .01% ....why are they high risk and Mass low risk?    I'm sure there's something else to this but that's bad art/presentation for an increasingly skeptical and perturbed population that's about ready to suck on a f'n covid pipe out of frustration anyway!

map of states

Much better source...

https://www.covidexitstrategy.org/

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

Yeah...I'd much rather submerge in a volume of water displaced only by my self and another human being's ass juices....  

F' that ..I'll take my chances in the ocean and just not swim with the Darwinian brilliant insight of seal populations where messy eating is a veritable water chumming experiment -

Submerged in the ocean of various sea life ass juices isn’t that much better. 

3 hours ago, dryslot said:

lol, Unless there's landsharks, I'll be on Sebago this weekend with a pontoon boat full of friends, The only things i have to worry about is keeping everyone safe, And the Game Warden.

Wish they still filmed Northwoods Law in Maine.  Would love to see your pontoon boat pulled over with a bunch of AMWX weenies on board. :lol:

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

7 minutes ago, mreaves said:

Wish they still filmed Northwoods Law in Maine.  Would love to see your pontoon boat pulled over with a bunch of AMWX weenies on board. :lol:

Two co-workers got filmed during the show's Maine run, one with the robo-partridge decoy (his son did everything right, plus spotting the wardens/film crew) and one with ATVs going past his home at 50+ on the town road.  Neither made it past the "cutting room" floor.  :cry:

• Like 1