Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Summer 2020 Banter and random observations

Baroclinic Zone

39 minutes ago, wxeyeNH said:

This thing is so contagious.  Not a big deal if you are under 40 but scary as heck for older folks.  VT  has mandatory mask now so NH is only holdout in the NE.  Live free or die has new meaning

Most stores are requiring masks now at least. Only a little over 400 cases in the state now and not many north of MHT. Hopefully bike week doesn’t mess things up. It should’ve been canceled. 

15 minutes ago, dendrite said:

Most stores are requiring masks now at least. Only a little over 400 cases in the state now and not many north of MHT. Hopefully bike week doesn’t mess things up. It should’ve been canceled. 

Was in Littleton Saturday at Home Depot and Lowes.  Just about everyone was masked as both stores had signs saying it was required.  Still some holdouts though.  Vermont's mandate starts August 1st.

58 minutes ago, wxeyeNH said:

This thing is so contagious.  Not a big deal if you are under 40 but scary as heck for older folks.  VT  has mandatory mask now so NH is only holdout in the NE.  Live free or die has new meaning

I was up your way 2 weeks ago....few people were wearings masks in Walmart or O'Reilly even though it says mandatory masks....I'm like ummmmm....what?  Some local gave my buddy a hard time for wearing one at the gas station.  

1 minute ago, Whineminster said:

I was up your way 2 weeks ago....few people were wearings masks in Walmart or O'Reilly even though it says mandatory masks....I'm like ummmmm....what?  Some local gave my buddy a hard time for wearing one at the gas station.  

Got a hard time for wearing one? Must be a NH thing.

3 hours ago, MacChump said:

Burke Mountain, VT looking up towards Willoughby Gap (in the far upper right of the photo)

Take a day trip over to Willoughby.  It's my favorite lake.  Absolutely stunning.  Good hiking on the mountains on either side of the lake, Mt. Pisgah and Mt. Hor

8 minutes ago, dendrite said:

When I’m out 98% of the people are wearing them. The store mandates didn’t begin until 7/20. 

Pretty much the same here, The box stores all require them, Hannaford has someone at the door with a box of mask so if you don't have one they ask if you want one.

I am seeing it less down here, maybe 25% of the people are not wearing masks.  That will change with some of the individual stores mandating them, but still, a healthy amount not wearing them or wearing it below their nose, including take out places.  Some places no one (staff) is wearing them at all.

Just now, Dan said:

I am seeing it less down here, maybe 25% of the people are not wearing masks.  That will change with some of the individual stores mandating them, but still, a healthy amount not wearing them or wearing it below their nose, including take out places.  Some places no one (staff) is wearing them at all.

That's the concerning part.  But then again I've seen a lot of people go on social media to call out a business where someone wasn't wearing a mask or had one below their chin, but then like 20 people will chime in that they go into that store almost daily and everyone has masks on.  You never know when you might catch an employee or two (who might wear a mask for 7 hours out of an 8-hour shift) with it down under the chin after just taking a drink of water or something. 

A friend did have one interaction in a backwoods country store up here in VT where the woman at the deli counter making sandwiches had her mask down under her chin and a customer asked her to put it up while making his sandwich.  She replied that she has serious lung issues and can't wear the mask, which then devolved into an uncomfortable conversation with her about why she is in that position interacting with so many people if she is so high-risk that her lungs are that bad she can't put a mask on for 5-minutes.  She didn't really have an answer.  Always a risk embarrassing someone making your food though, ha.

47 minutes ago, dendrite said:

I guess Plymouth ( NH) selectman are going to vote for a mask mandate.  It was on WMUR.  Meanwhile Bob's sister from Florida who has lived with her boyfriend of 10 years decided to get married.  Since they are originally from NH they planned an outdoor wedding at Lake Sunapee in August.  They have not cancelled it and it makes me  upset that the contingent is coming up.  I don't want to go.  I hope it doesn't rain and they decide to move in inside.  Don't know how you wear a mask and social distance at a wedding.  They better not ask us to take off masks for photos.  Such is family politics.  So selfish in my opinion they are doing this!

33 minutes ago, dryslot said:

Yeah the dude was giving him a bunch of shi*t....like "hey you don't need to wear those outside"...when he just put it on because he was going into the store.  Then when in the store, the guy said to him "hey are you doing OK? I just want to make sure you can breathe in that thing".   

Just now, Whineminster said:

Yeah the dude was giving him a bunch of shi*t....like "hey you don't need to wear those outside"...when he just put it on because he was going into the store.  Then when in the store, the guy said to him "hey are you doing OK? I just want to make sure you can breathe in that thing".   

What a dick.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Weenie 1

49 minutes ago, dryslot said:

It happens here in Mass too.  People have given my son shit at his work. 

There was some dude not wearing his in the grocery store I use this morning. Looked like a toolbag.  I kept my distance. 

sigh.  We could squash this fairly quickly if people would be considerate 

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

It happens here in Mass too.  People have given my son shit at his work. 

There was some dude not wearing his in the grocery store I use this morning. Looked like a toolbag.  I kept my distance. 

sigh.  We could squash this fairly quickly if people would be considerate 

Lat night in a Zoom meeting for the State snowmobile association we were discussing how we could hold our annual meeting and one of the Board members started going off on wearing masks  and how the Governor has no right to mandate masks without declaring martial law and that this isn't a pandemic.  I told him that regardless of how he personally feels we still have to follow the rules on gathering size, social distancing, masks etc.  He still seemed pretty po'd about the whole thing.  

7 minutes ago, mreaves said:

Lat night in a Zoom meeting for the State snowmobile association we were discussing how we could hold our annual meeting and one of the Board members started going off on wearing masks  and how the Governor has no right to mandate masks without declaring martial law and that this isn't a pandemic.  I told him that regardless of how he personally feels we still have to follow the rules on gathering size, social distancing, masks etc.  He still seemed pretty po'd about the whole thing.  

Last night the district I teach in was going to have a Zoom meeting between the superintendent and her people and the school committee to go over the plans they have been working on since March. This was open to the public.  They got Zoom bombed in a pretty disgusting way so it was shut down.  Ugh.