Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Summer 2020 Banter and random observations

Baroclinic Zone

All you need to know is in the Spring Banter thread

1 hour ago, kdxken said:

What happened to the virus thread it was very useful?

6 minutes ago, Hoth said:

Yeah, I've been feeling a little lost without it. Even with the political distractions, it was much easier to find useful info than wandering around the various news sites and Twitter.

• Weenie 3

50 minutes ago, Hoth said:

Yeah, I've been feeling a little lost without it. Even with the political distractions, it was much easier to find useful info than wandering around the various news sites and Twitter.

It's a shame.  Poor decision by whomever in my opinion.

I REALLY would like the virus thread back.  Except reading some headlines or watching the news I feel lost without it.  So much good quick important info.  There must be away of having it without it being hijacked by outsiders in our NE group.  Just factual info.  Please bring it back! 

Rant over

• Like 2

2 hours ago, weatherwiz said:

Bring it back with a large disclaimer in red....if politics are mentioned or if anyone uses political views/differences as a means for whatever they're trying to do or to attack someone...suspend/ban them. 

you didn't ask but what plagues the western civilities of the world is too much affluence ... 

the thing that obfuscates ...or obscures that factor is that affluence is still not ubiquitously distributed ... The haves still have disproportionately, above fairness, more than the have nots... that is a fairness issue(s) and tend(s) to be misconstrued as destitution, certainly mediated and pressed that way - but it's a faux read.  

there is enough resource and access to survivability that the vast majority now has the luxury to turn attention away from levers and donkey health, into ideology's preoccupation and that quickly becomes the new essence to life...thus, an the obsession, and survival is quasi transformed into a life-or-death struggle there.. 

Some longish words there... but if a carrington event turned off the lights and started truly correcting the population downward despite all efforts to prevent the chaos... like this pandemic will ultimately prove a sensationalized failure... people would begin to sober up real, real fast as to what is important. suddenly that democrat...republican...islamic martian from the planet 'differentthanme' that might be able to feed me if i'm willing to show a modicum of understanding and compromise, suddenly becomes a strangely more attractive offer over some delusion of outrage embraced at a self-righteous indignation rally.

people need to be humbled back to something like, 'get real you f'n beef-witted crassulent self-centered assholes' 

• Like 1

The covid thread was a very good source of info (I had been popping in almost from the beginning) but the amount of shitposting picked up in recent weeks.  I know the thread was a catch-all to discuss what was going on in other regions/countries besides New England, but at this point the situation is pretty well under control in New England.  If things change, then perhaps there could be some reconsideration.  For now, get out and enjoy summer as safely as possible.   

1 hour ago, Bostonseminole said:

would be a cool function if people could be banned from posting in certain topics.. is that not possible? I would think these platforms have evolved enough so you don't have to Ban someone from the whole board.

You'd be turning this into Twitter. 

A/C is STUPID. Unless you have a job working outside it's the most ridiculous and outrageous thing ever. Sitting inside and it's FREEZING. I went outside...it's so warm and humid...it feels great. A/C literally is nothing a summer killer. "awwww I got a little sweat trickling down my backside, excuse me while I run in front of the A/C" 

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Weenie 3

9 minutes ago, weatherwiz said:

A/C is STUPID. Unless you have a job working outside it's the most ridiculous and outrageous thing ever. Sitting inside and it's FREEZING. I went outside...it's so warm and humid...it feels great. A/C literally is nothing a summer killer. "awwww I got a little sweat trickling down my backside, excuse me while I run in front of the A/C" 

Lack of severe is getting to you.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Whineminster said:

Can we talk about coronavirus in here? 

Only if you can tie it to the weather ️ ☺️

Looks like it's going to be hot around here. I wonder if we'll hit 400 degrees?

The University of Houston team has designed a filter that heats the air passing through it to nearly 400 degrees.

They are working on the theory that the virus can't survive extreme heat.

Researcher Zhifeng Ren said there was no sign of the virus after it was run through the filter.

• Haha 1

Cases are at an all time high per day. Deaths are going back up. Most of the info in the Covid thread was very useful and helpful to many. But sorry,  can’t discuss a 100 year event on a forum. Makes sense. By closing that thread u r hurting more people then your helping. Just saying

• Like 1

5 hours ago, kdxken said:

Only if you can tie it to the weather ️ ☺️

Looks like it's going to be hot around here. I wonder if we'll hit 400 degrees?

The University of Houston team has designed a filter that heats the air passing through it to nearly 400 degrees.

They are working on the theory that the virus can't survive extreme heat.

Researcher Zhifeng Ren said there was no sign of the virus after it was run through the filter.

. there must be something else to it, maybe some heat exchangers?